Tablets are becoming increasingly popular in today’s world because they provide the flexibility of mobile phones and versatility of computers. For some time, people have largely associated the tablet market with iPads. However, Android tablets have a number of things that give them a competitive edge.
Advantages of Android OS
The Android operating system has a lot of things going for it. Being open source software, manufacturers can get it for free and manipulate its code to suit their specific devices. While this helps in making it more relevant to given devices, their prices are relatively low.
The operating system provides lots of functionality, including the option to replace native applications and choosing third-party apps as the default ones for preferred functions. The Open Handset Alliance, under the leadership of Google, developed the Linux-based OS for tablets and smart phones.
Benefits of Android Tablets
1. Different Manufacturers: The fact that the Android OS is open source means that many manufacturers can use it to design their own tablets. Whether users are interested in top brands or their cheaper counterparts, they will get what they want.
2. Sizes: Android tablets provide users with a choice of different sizes depending on their preferences and budgets. Not everybody can afford or is comfortable with laptop-sized screens.
3. Cost: The Android tablets are relatively cheaper compared to Apple iPads, something that also stems from their open source operating system.
4. Functionality: Although the Android operating system is free, it is packed with plenty of functionality. Multi-tasking is a breeze without sacrificing on speed as opposed to iPad that tries to save on battery consumption. Some of the tablets have dual-core processors that make multi-tasking even easier. Later versions of the operating system have special multi-tasking panels that users bring up easily with single taps and navigation is easy.
Some of the features include:
- Handset layouts
- Multiple language support
- Java support
- Media support, including streaming media
- Voice-based features
- Support for additional hardware Storage, including external storage
- Multi-touch support
- Screen capture Tethering
5. Syncing: Users can purchase apps from the Android market on their computers and then send them to their tablets without syncing.
6. Apps: There are many Android apps in the market from third parties that increase the functionality of the tablets. These apps work across all the devices from different manufacturers.
7. Cameras: Many Android tablets have both front and back-facing cameras ideal for video calls. The tablets come together with apps that allow users to edit their pictures without resorting to the computer.
8. Replaceable Batteries: Android tablets have replaceable batteries, which make them more convenient in case something goes wrong with the original ones.
These are just some of the things that make Android tablets stand out in the competitive market.
For affordable Android Tablets visit Austin Computers. With six locations across Perth, there’s sure to be an Austin computers store conveniently located near you.