The most popular VLC media player in PCs is also be as popular in Android. There is a new android version of VLC is now released in Beta state and so available on Google play store. It’s come along several interesting and new features such as ARMv7 CPU,NEON support, auto rotation and such other. It capable of playing most of the audio video formats includeded the high quality formats with excellent streaming. Check most of the bright features of this beta version of android just below.
Features of Android VLC Beta
- NEON support
- ARMv7 CPU
- Swipe gestures for volume control
- Support for multi-track audio and subtitle files
- Option to lock video player window
- Toggle for aspect ratio adjustment
- Capable of playing high quality videos (up to 1080p)
- Audio playback control via headset button
- Option to filter audio tracks by artists, songs, genres and albums
- Album art support
- Browsing by directory
- Home screen widget that helps controlling audio playback
- Improved streaming quality
Compatible Android devices for VLC Beta
- Samsung Galaxy S III
- Galaxy Nexus
- Nexus S
- Motorola Defy
- HTC One X
- Nexus One
- quite a few others
VLC Beta Interference
VLC Beta interference divided in two basic blocks as Video | Audio.
At the TOP
Although it scan all your local media at the launch, but you can also manually search any item just by a search button at top of the interference screen.
By the Menu button
Switch between library and directory view. Also provides the setting interference to configure hardware acceleration, headset detection, clear search history, select the required audio output and many more.
By long press on a
- Video file- Reveals it’s audio and video codecs, video resolution, frame rate, audio sample rate and more other.
- Audio content (album, genre, artist)- Reveals the underlying tracks
- Specific track- Reveals the option to append it to the current playlist
Drawbacks of VLC Beta
- Not perfect in playing the 1080p video formats
- Consume more battery power when using it for a long
- Hardware decoding works only with a limited set of hardware
- Some audio issues might occur
So that’s all about the new VLC Beta. Considering on the features and interference it looks to be an entertainment icon in our Androids, but when we saw the drawbacks it feels slight unsatisfied, but you have to know that VLC team is on it’s way to make it more better.
So till then enjoy and experience this new VLC Beta. You can get it below in your Android.
[Image Credit] Addictivetips