Update 12-jun-2011 : Now Android 2.3.4 is Available for Samsung Galaxy Ace updating method is same as we provided below , just use new file instead of old
Update 17-jun-2011 : Android 2.3.3 for Galaxy Ace is officially available via kies
Today we will see how to update the Samsung Ace Galaxy. Here is how to upgrade the Samsung Ace Galaxy S5830 through firmware you can find on samfirmware.com (registration required):
- Download needed drivers for your pc from here and install them
- Download Odin Multi Downloader v4.38 from here
- Now choose the firmware from here , the latest S5830XXKPE (Gingerbread 2.3, video recording at 640 × 480 at 30fps)
- Make sure you have the phone’s battery charge at least 80%
Now that you have everything now you need to go and set Odin.
- Unzip the firmware . Zip file in a folder
- Open Odin Multi Downloader , be sure to tick the boxes and Protect OPS Auto Reboot
- Click on OPS and select the .Ops file (Cooper.ops OR Cooper_v1.0.ops file )
- Click on BOOT and select the file called APBOOT
- Click on PHONE and select the file called MODEM
- Click on PDA and select the file called CODE
- Click on CSC and select a file called CSC
WARNING: Do not select anything in EFS
Now we can proceed with the upgrade.
- Before connecting to the pc put your phone in the download mode which can be done by pressing Middle Key(OK Key) + Power key and Volume Down Key
Note : Don’t proceed to next steps if you are unable to connect your phone in download mode to pc
- Once the message appeared connected to the PC
- If your phone is properly connected Odin Multi Downloader signal the COM port in Port Mapping, we can then click on START
The operation will take us a few minutes, let the phone reboots itself after that disconnect.
Congratulation on Having Android 2.3.3 !
if you want to root Galaxy Ace running 2.3.3 you can follow this article below –>
if you faced any problem , feel free to ask via leaving comments below