A bit late but very important update for the very latest optimum Sony android ‘[easyazon-link asin=”B00BLGMTFG”]Xperia E dual C1605[/easyazon-link]’ as official 11.3.A.2.1 build has available fully in the market for all users. This latest build for xperia E dual has the primary jellybean base as android 4.1.1 gives more smoother and faster UI over the previous build.
Manual updating tutorial now follows in the due course of this guide. So friends if you are still untouched from this update than quickly get this update in your Xperia E dual.
Disclaimer: Follow this guide at your own risk. We are not responsible for any certain damage to your device cause of following this article.
- Download stock 11.3.A.2.1 jellybean 4.1.1 firmware
- Download Flash Tool for Windows, Linux and Mac from here or by mirror
- Install flash tool in your PC. Heads to C:/Flashtool/drivers and run Flashtool-drivers to install them.
- Follow Androidflip’s basic preparation guide
- Enable USB debugging mode in your android device
- Enable Unknown source in your android device too-
In Android ICS/JB: Settings > Security
In Android Gingerbread: Settings > Applications
- Paste .ftf extension firmware file (downloaded earlier) in location C:/Flashtool/firmwares.
- Run XPERIA Flashtool app and click flash button seems as a black thunder icon in flashtool window.
- In further pop-up choose Flashmode and click Ok.
- Now in firmware selection window will appear. Select the downloaded stock firmware from the left column and then click Flash button. If you don’t want to delete any data of your phone, then uncheck both the flashing userdata.sin file and DATA field at right side.
- When flashtool prompt you to connect your android device then connect your Xperia E in flashmode. For this just do- Switch off your phone and then connect it with PC using USB cable while holding volume down button.
- Now the flashing process will begin. ‘Flashing finished’ message will arrive after it’s completion, your android device get reboot automatically too.
Note:- Reboot may take a few minutes so don’t be panic.
You can disconnect the phone from PC now.
Bravo! Your Sony Xperia E Dual C1605 has successfully updated with the latest 11.3.A.2.1 official jellybean 4.1.1 firmware.