Previously I publish tutorial for Unlocking boot loader and rooting your xperia play , one of my friend accidently bricked his phone so I decided to post a solution here for it. We use a tool called FlashTool ,this tool is verified by XDA developers and you can flash generic FTF files to recover your original firmware back.
Flashtool can also perform these task as well -[ don’t care for crappie names below if you are newbie ,these are for advance users ]
- Flashing Original Firmware Images
- xRecovery and BusyBox Installation
- Removing Bloatware From Custom or Generic ROMs
- Deleting Dalvik Cache
- Uninstall Apps
- Esit Build.Prp File Of Your Device
Here is the step by step guide on flashing the original firmware image on your bricked Xperia Play:
- The first step ,Grab Flashtool version from here (register account on XDA to download) and install it on your computer.
- After downloading the FTF file, open Flashtool and click on Flash.
- Now point to FTF file you downloaded in second step.
- Disconnect your phone from PC and Switch it off.
- Now press the power button and keep holding it while you plug it back in the pc.
- Now Start Flashing message appears in Flashtool software .
- wait some time when process is complete,(please double check ,is it really completed ) now you can disconnect it from pc
NOTE : don’t disconnect from pc while flashing , I recommend you to use fully charged laptop to do this job
If you followed tutorial very carefully ,you will get your Xperia Play Unbricked , if you faced any problem leave comments below to get instant help , I will try to help you surely – if you facing any special error go to XDA thread and ask for it.
[hit big thanks to Source]