Don’t like annoying Triangle every time you boot your samsung android device ?
Want to reset flash counter to regain warranty ?
First read what xda guy chainfire is saying about flash counter and yellow warning triangle
Samsung devices store a flash counter that keeps track of how many times you have flashed custom firmwares to your device. On some devices, a yellow triangle or other sort of visual warning is also displayed during boot if you are running a custom firmware.
Got ? what i am talking about.
Today i am going to share a simple way to reset your flash counter, it will give you warranty back and disable yellow warning triangle.
Note: To check your flash counter stat you can boot your device in download mode and check. (Power off>>Press and hold Volume down+Power on key)
All done ? Wanna start procedure ?
Okay then, Solution is:
Triangle away is a simple app which can reset your samsung device’s flash counter, it requires root permissions, so root your device if you dont have already.
Currently supported and tested devices:
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 **
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 **
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-I9220 **
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 **
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300T **
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N8000 10.1″ 3G **
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N801x 10.1″ Wi-Fi **
- Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Sprint
- Samsung Galaxy S3 T-Mobile
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Canadia
- Samsung Galaxy S3 US Cellular
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P310x 7″ 3G
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P311x 7″ Wi-Fi
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P510x 10.1″ 3G
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P511x 10.1″ Wi-Fi
** Various related models are supported depending on firmware, but only the exact model numbers listed are supported regardless of firmware version.
Important Info (by chainfire):
Using triangle away app can brick you device so proceed on your risk.
1. If your device and firmware are supported by app then it will show ”Reset flash counter” option and binary information under Current status. Before following procedure please make sure all information shown by app are correct.
2. On some devices triangle away app cant work normally so when you select “reset flash counter” option it will reboot your device in special boot mode where you can reset the flash counter value.
For more info and discussion visit chainfire’s thread at XDA Forum
Procedure to use Triangle Away
In this guide i am going to use it on my tab 2 P3100 with LE1 official firmware which has flash counter: 1 and binary: custom. Let’s start
(i suggest buying it on play store it will help developer to maintain development and support, so be a good guy and show some respect to its developer, Chainfire)
(2). Start newly installed triangle away app, you will get a super user request prompt, select “Allow” to give super user permissions.
Note: It is necessary for app to work if you deny permission it will not work.
(3). Now you are in main screen of app, under Flash counter check Current status, make sure it is displaying right information i.e flash counter, device name.
As i said earlier about checking flash counter manually, follow that process and check flash counter manually, it is a good idea to check app it working fine.
(4). If everything is fine then you can press “Reset flash counter” button which is second last option is application.
Read warning carefully and accept it by clicking “Continue”.
It will take few seconds and your counter will be reset, in some cases your device will reboot and ask to reset counter (Read important info above).
In my case it successfully worked on galaxy tab 2 P3100 with official LE1 firmware, My tab2′s counter was 1 and after resetting it is zero plus binary is also changed to official.
All done, have fun.