After unlocking boot loaders peoples are getting some errors when we accept FOTA updates (one of my friends get bricked xperia play after updating it). after re-locking boot loader you will be able to use SEUS again and repair your phone’s firmware .
What is solution ?
who already unlocked their boot loader and want to relock it again ,now this is possible and all credit goes to XDA member ‘Blagus’ . he created a 98KB’s small file that needs to flashed with “flashtool” and you will get your boot loader locked again.
What I need to re lock Xperia Arc ‘s bootloader ?
- PC Companion and Update Service installed on your PC
- FlashTool_0.2.9.1.exe – Download link
- Xperia Relock bootloader.ftf – Download link
Step by Step Guide to relock Sony Arc bootloader
- Run FlashTool_0.2.9.1.exe
- Now you will see there are some folder automatically extracted ,we need to “firmwares” folder
- Copy “Xperia Relock bootloader.ftf” file to “firmwares” folder
- run “X10FlashTool.exe” by double clicking on it
- Once the program opens — click on the “Flash” button.
- See image below , you will see like this
- Now it should ask you to connect your phone to the PC.
plug the USB cable to PC, connect usb cable to phone while holding the “Back” key (key at the bottom left on your Arc),
- Once the phone gets connected — Flashtool will automatically start the flashing process.
- And once the process gets finished, disconnect your phone from PC and switch it ON.
Video Guide by TheAndroidSoul
In future if you need to unlock bootloader again you can follow this easy step by step guide on how to unlock xperia play,arc,neo and pro bootloader . in this guide I unlocked bootloader of xperia play , you can unlock Arc,neo and pro as well.
Before unlocking check which phones are fulfill requirements of unlocking bootloaders