Another Android 4.1.2 jellybean update is now rolled out for Skyrocket, the [easyazon-link asin="B006V47ONU"]AT&T Samsung galaxy S2 I727[/easyazon-link]. This jellybean update dubbed as UCMC1 build code, having all latest jellybean features and improvements. More are listed below.
Enhancements in UCMC1
- Latest Android 4.2.1 jellybean base
- Latest Nature UX
- New locksreen customization settings
- New widgets
- Smart Stay
- Direct Call
- Better camera functions
- S Cloud service by Samsung
- ‘Buttery smooth’ interface
- Google Now
- Expandable notifications
- Better keyboard and tons of other new features
Users can update their galaxy S2 by KIES or by the OTA notification, but some user won’t get the update cause of out of reach or preinstalled custom firmware base which prohibits the OTA update notification. So a manual update method is required here, which covered the remaining guide. Use it carefully with some precautions and warnings first!
Precautions and Warnings
- After applying this official update you will lose your preinstalled custom ROMs, custom recoveries and root access
- This update is only for [easyazon-link asin="B0075WLO60"]AT&T Samsung galaxy S2 I727 skyrocket[/easyazon-link], so don’t ever try to use this tutorial on any other device
- For more about flashing and firmware, read- FAQs about firmware flashing on Samsung androids
Disclaimer: Following this guide is at your own risk, if unfortunately your device gets damaged or bricked during the process, AndroidFlip.com is not responsible. So please read all warnings and notes and follow steps carefully
Tutorial to Update AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 I727 Skyrocket with Official Android 4.1.2 jellybean UCMC1 Firmware
First! Gather some required files and apps
- Download Stock official UCMC1 firmware package from here I727UCMC1_I727ATTMC1_ATT.zip
- Download ODIN 3v 3.07 from here
- Any archive extractor such as 7zip from here (If you not have any other)
- Download AT&T Galaxy S2 USB drivers from here (If you not have)
Second! Prepare your phone
- Follow this guide to- Preparing your Android phone before upgrading / installing firmware
- Enable the USB debugging mode in your galaxy S2. Follow this guide to learn- How to Enable USB Debugging mode in all Android Phones
- If your android devices is rooted and custom ROM installed then you will have to clear cache and wipe data which can done by “booting your phone in recovery mode and select Wipe data/factory reset and also select wipecache partition”
Third! Follow these Instruction to Install the firmware
1. Extract the UCMC1 firmware package and get the firmware file.
2. Extract Odin package and launch Odin 3 v3.07.
3. Now switch off your galaxy S2.
4. After that reboot your S2 in download mode by- press and hold “Volume down”+ “Volume up” and then the power button simultaneously until a warning screen will displayed. Then just press the “Volume up” button to confirm.
5. Connect your S2 with your PC via USB cable.
6. Check Odin, ID:COM section turns yellow or blue shaded and “Added” message appears, means the phone is connected.
Image credit to <Androidlegend>
7. Now click on “PDA” tab and select the firmware file having “.tar.md5” extension in its name, which you got in step 1 before.
8. Check the options Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are ticked in Odin.
9. After it just click on “Start” button to flash the firmware.
10. It will take 5-6 minutes approx for flashing. A message as “PASS” will appear in Odin and your device will reboot automatically after the completion of installing.
Now just unplug your USB cable.
That’s all. You have successfully updated your [easyazon-link asin="B006V47ONU"]AT&T Samsung galaxy S2 I727 skyrocket[/easyazon-link] to official Android 4.1.2 jellybean UCMC1 firmware.
Thanks to <android.gs>