After for HTC Droid Incredible 4G another one click multipurpose app now available for our Nexus 7. It’s “Nexus Root Toolkit”, which gives you all basic needs for your droid such as Unlock/lock bootloader, root/unroot, image flashing, recovery just by a single click for your Asus nexus 7 . All credit goes to XDA developer WugFresh who invented this exciting app.
One more thing is also be considerable here that rooting required Nexus 7 running on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. So also ensure you are running on latest android firmware base as Jelly bean. Check out all the facilities that you will get in this app, just below.
Features in Nexus Root Toolkit
- Root/ Unroot
- Unlock/ Lock bootloader
- Backup and restore
- Flash images such as system, recovery
- Install apk
- Install drivers
- Recovery installation
Now let’s move on the tutorial to learn out a short configuration about this app. Also take a look on some short but most important info about this update first.
Important facts about the update
- Moto of the Update- To get all basic facilities such as Lock/Unlock bootloader, root/unroot in a unique app
- Just for (Compatible device)- Asus nexus 7
- Be aware- Unlocking bootloader and rooting will void your device warranty. To get back the warranty claim back you have to relock the bootloader by any mean.
- Recommend- Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of unlocking bootloader, rooting, custom ROMs.
- Caution- This unlock bootloader and rooting tutorial hardly not permitted for network locked devices, so don’t ever try this update on your network locked devices.
Disclaimer: We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Now let’s head to the tutorial.
Configuration of Nexus 7 Root Toolkit [Tutorial]
Step 1. Prepare your phone and PC (pre-requisites)
Recommend link for this step- Preparing your Android Device Before Upgrading Firmware
Note:- Don’t use pc suite for backup cause it won’t be working for custom ROMs.
- Must enable the USB debugging mode in your Nexus 7 by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as antivirus from both PC and device, to avoid interruption during the process.
- Charge your device at least 70%.
- Ensure your device should only the Asus Nexus 7. Or don’t ever try this app on any other android device except this one.
- Also ensure your Nexus 7 is running on latest android firmware as Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
Note:- You can check the modal and running firmware of your Tablet by- follow in your tablet as “Settings”>> “About Tablet”.
Step 2. Use below procedure to learn installation, Configuration and use of Nexus Root Toolkit for Asus Nexus 7
2. After installation launch the main interference file and select your device with running firmware version from the mentioned options same as in below screenshots.
3. As same in this manner connect your Nexus 7 to the computer with the help of it’s default USB cable.
4. Now the main Nexus 7 Root Toolkit interference screen will shown. Match it with below screenshot.
5. Several option according to their task are defined, now just use these options and follow on screen instructions for succeeding that particular task.
Tip:- You can use “4 Ways to Identify if your Android Device is Rooted” guide on androidflip to check your Device is rooted or not.
All can easily achieved in One click access. This unique app from developers gives you the best satisfaction about all your basic custom tasks related to your Nexus 7. This app is also a much better option than the older huge and complex guides of rooting and unlocking process!
Congratulation! Now you can easily perform all basic custom tasks as rooting, locking and unlocking of bootloader and such other in your Asus nexus 7.