Hey friends! just a few week ago US users got a new official update for their Sprint Samsung Epic 4G touch via OTA. It is the latest ICS version of Android as 4.0.4. After the release for Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Note, Samsung is on their way to deliver it to all other Galaxy handsets. And so in this manner they recently release this latest ICS for their Sprint Samsung Epic 4G. So all our US friends if you missed it then get hurry to take this exciting new release to your Android home, the Epic 4G. Also check out some updated feature which you will get in this new ICS update.
Features, improvements and enhancements in Android 4.0.4 ICS for Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch
- Latest ICS base as Android 4.0.4
- New Refined, beautiful and more simple user interface
- New Face Unlock feature that uses the state of art facial recognition technology for unlocking your device, newly introduced in Ice Cream Sandwich pack
- Better configuration off all the apps and settings
- Introducing the new Android Beam app that is advanced NFC based application to share apps, contacts, web pages and videos with your friends using the tap and share feature.
- Improved keyboard with accurate typing, spell checker
- More improved camera app
- Improved copy and paste support
- Redesigned GMail application
- More fast working phenomenon
- Google + integration with hangout feature to video chat with 10 friends
- More battery saving options
I know these all features are as nice as your Epic 4G. Now check out some more info about this update just quickly below.
Quick and brief info about the Update
Firmware Update- Android 4.0.4 ICS
Released for (Compatible device)- Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint)
Software version- S:D710.10S.FF18
Rolled out on- 13 July 2012
You can easily update your Epic with this ICS update via OTA, just do few steps below.
Procedure to Update Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint) with ICS 4.0.4 via OTA
- Make a backup of all your important data related to your phone before going further. Use below helpful links.
- Be ensure you are on a stable and strong data connection or else use a Wi-Fi connection.
1. Make sure data connection must be enable in your Epic.
2. Now put your Epic in your hand and go through it to- Menu >> Settings >> About Phone here just tap on Software update.
3. Next tap on Check now.
4. Now your phone check on Samsung servers for any new available update, if it return positive then then just tap on Download.
5. Now you phone automatically downloads the firmware files, after download just tap on Restart and install then your phone automatically reboots and install the update and finally you will found a new official firmware base as ICS 4.0.4 in your Epic 4G.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint) touch with new official Android 4.0.4 ICS via OTA.