Same to others, Samsung Galaxy S is also waiting for its ICS. But a bad news from Samsung that Samsung Galaxy S can’t afford the ICS, make their users to feel like a despoiled customer. All of the Galaxy S users are now very much despair. Samsung give an excuse about it, that the ICS touchwiz launcher is very much complex to run over on these kind of handsets, such as Galaxy S and some other, they also said that these devices has not the sufficient RAM and ROM to handle ICS. But they still working on it, and will give some of the features of ICS in the existing Gingerbread base.
But, don’t be disappoint, developers will helps us. In this manner they have recently created a custom ICS ROM named as “AKA”, which can runs over the Galaxy S. So ready to enjoy this new ICS AKA in your Galaxy S. Today we covered a step by step guide to update this custom ICS ROM in your Galaxy S.
Features of ICS AKA
- Latest ICS base custom ROM
- Improved processing Speed
- More toggles
- More easy and good looking UI
- Better apps configuration
Quick description about the update
Firmware to install- Android 4.0.3 ICS
Firmware’s status- Custom/ Not officially released
Firmware name- AKA
Just for- Samsung Galaxy S I9000
Now let’s proceed to update this ICS firmware in our Galaxy S. Just follow the below tutorial in step by step manner and also carefully.@@@@@
Most considerable things
(a) This Update needs rooting access in your Galaxy S.
(b) Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of unlocking bootloader, rooting, and custom ROMs.
(c) Not perform this update on network lock devices.
Tutorial to Update Samsung Galaxy S with Custom Android 4.0 ICS AKA
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Step . Download these required file
- Android 4.0.3 ICS AKA for Galaxy S. [Get it here]
Step . Prepare your phone (Basic pre-requisites)
You can also use our brief and more efficient guide on preparing the phone before an update, by follow the below link-
(A) Make backup of all your important data such as SD card, SMS, Contacts, Call logs and APN and MMS settings, to avoid the risk of losing data cause of sudden error during the process. Use the below recommend link-
Note: Don’t use the pc suite for backup, cause these kind of backup is usually not detectable by custom ROMs.
(B) Install the latest KIES tool in your PC.
(C) Ensure that your Galaxy S must be running on XXJVU firmware base, if not then follow the below link to update this firmware first.
(D) As we say already you must ensure that your phone is rooted and CWM recovery installed, otherwise task them first before proceeding further. Use your web links or search engines to find out these methods.
(E) Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as antivirus, KIES to avoid interruption during the process.
(F) Must enable the USB debugging mode by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
(G) Charge your Samsung Galaxy S at least 70%
Note:- Install the latest Samsung drivers in your PC compatible to your device.
Step . Task the below procedure to flash AKA
1. Copy the downloaded ICS zip file in root of your phone’s SD card.
Note:- Don’t place the files in deep of your SD card, it will hard to detect.
2. Switch off your Galaxy S.
3. Put the your Galaxy S in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume Up” + “OK” and then press the “Power” button simultaneously until the screen gets ON.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery or bootloader mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
4. After that your phone will reboot in recovery. Here first make a backup to get the previous firmware base back anytime. You can make the firmware’s backup by “backup and restore” option.
5. After creating backup, wipe out the cache by- select “wipe data/ factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition” and then confirm to wipe the cache partition.
6. Come back to the main recovery menu and select “install zip from sd card”>> “choose zip from sd card”.
7. Now browse and select the packaged firmware file that we copied named as “I9000_STOCKPLUS_ICS_RC4_v2.zip” and then confirm it to flash.
8. Wait until the flashing process will complete, it will take about 15-20 minutes.
9. After it will finish, just reboot the phone by choosing the option “reboot system now” from the main recovery menu.
Note:- If the update get stuck in middle or fails, then just reapply the whole procedure again.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S with Custom Android 4.0.3 ICS AKA.
Thanks to Hubpages