Hello friends! After a little sickness I am back for you, handing a new update of Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. This new update is a leaked one having the base of latest Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. This jelly bean update is a sum up of two official firmware mainly of XXBLH4. As I say it’s a combination so obviously it is a custom leak not an official release. But a hopeful jelly bean update is available for I9300.
Now let’s move to the updating tutorial, which is same easy as others. Also consider a on a important description first.
Important Info About the Update and Firmware
- Firmware update to- XXBLH4 leaked
- Firmware version- Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- Update Status- Custom / Not Officially released via Samsung
- Just for (Compatible device)- Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
- Update needs- rooting access and custom recovery installed in your Galaxy S3.
Be aware- Rooting and installing custom firmware in any android device will void the device warranty. To get the warranty claim back, you have to revoke these process with the default configuration of your device.
Recommend- Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of rooting and custom ROMs.
Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to leaked XXBLH4 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM Firmware [Tutorial]
Step . Download some required files for flashing below
- Stock XXBLG8 ICS firmware package for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. [Download it here]
- Stock XXBLH4 Jelly Bean firmware package for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. [Download it here]
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. Do anything only at your own risk.
Step . Prepare your phone and PC (pre-requisites)
Recommend link for this step- Preparing your Android Device Before Upgrading Firmware
Make backup of all important data- How to backup your Android Device before upgrading firmware
Note:- Don’t use pc suite for backup cause it won’t be working for custom ROMs.
- Must enable the USB debugging mode in your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 by following path- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 should be rooted and custom recovery installed. Use below recommended links or your web browser to find it.
Tip:- Use “4 Ways to Identify if your Android Device is Rooted” guide on androidflip to check your Device is rooted or not.
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as antivirus from both PC and android device, to avoid interruption during the process.
- Charge your Galaxy S3 at least 70%.
- Ensure your android device is only Samsung Galaxy S3 having the modal no. I9300 cause of this update is only compatible for it, so if you have not the right thing or device then don’t ever try this update on any other device.
You can check about your phone in detail by – Follow Settings>> About Phone in your phone.
Step . Follow below procedure to flash leaked XXBLH4 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
1. First you have to copy both the downloaded files as XXBLH4 and XXBLG8 firmware packages (Zip) in root of your phone’s SD card.
Note:- Don’t place the files in deep of your SD card, it will hard to detect.
2. Switch off your Galaxy S3.
3. Reboot your Galaxy S3 in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume Up” + “Home”and then press the power button to switch on the phone in recovery mode.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
4. In recovery mode first wipe out the cache by- select “wipe data/ factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition” and then confirm to wipe the cache partition. Also clear the dalvik cache in “Advanced” option.
5. Now choose “Go back” to come again to the main recovery menu.
6. Here flash the firmware by- follow- “install zip from sd card”>> “choose zip from sd card”.
7. Next browse and select the the firmware XXBLG8 ICS firmware package (Zip) that we copied earlier in root of SD card. Next, confirm it to flash.
8. Wait until the flashing process will complete, it will take about 5-7 minutes.
9. After flashing of firmware “Go back” to the main recovery menu and again use the same step 6 to flash XXBLH4 Jelly Bean.
10. After finish of flashing come to the main recovery menu, now just reboot the phone by choosing the option “reboot system now”.
Note:- If your device get stuck between the process or failed to reboot to the new custom ROM, then just pull out the phone’s battery and reinsert it, and task the whole procedure again.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 with leaked XXBLH4 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware.