Feeling well? I know all you are Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300users are waiting for your official Jelly bean and also much excited after the news from Google IO that official Jelly bean update will soon released in the air. But after the official launch of new ICS for Samsung Galaxy S3, I think it may be postponed for a period more. Don’t be disappoint cause this new official release of Android 4.0.4 ICS also comes with several satisfied features and also having some bug fixes, that are listed below with a quick intro. This new official ICS firmware dubbed as the build code XXBLFB. One more thing is also be cool that anyone can update their Galaxy S3 via this update even they are running on any custom firmware.
Quick Intro About the Update and Firmware
- Firmware version- Android 4.0.4 ICS
- Firmware’s build code- XXBLFB
- Update Status- Official released via KIES (Samsung)
- Just for (Compatible device)- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300
- Bug fixes- close error in play store and contacts.apk
This ICS update releases officially all over the world via KIES but if you are one of them who doesn’t catches this update via KIES can now manually update their Galaxy S3 with this official ICS update via Odin just by this below tutorial. So let’s head to this tutorial.
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Update Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to Official Android 4.0.4 ICS XXBLFB manually by Odin [Tutorial]
Step . Download some required files below
- Odin3 v3.04. [Get Odin here]
- Stock XXBLFB firmware package- I9300XXBLFB_I9300ODDBLF3_INU.zip [Get it here]
Step . Prepare your phone and PC (pre-requisites)
Recommend link- Preparing your Android Phone Before Upgrading Firmware Make backup- How to backup your Android phone before upgrading firmware
- Must enable the USB debugging mode in your S3 by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as antivirus from both PC and device, to avoid interruption during the process.
- Charge your Samsung Galaxy S3 at least 70%.
- Install KIES and latest Samsung drivers in your PC, compatible to your Galaxy S3.
- Ensure your Samsung Galaxy S3 have the modal no. GT-I9300. If it is not have this modal no. then don’t ever try to upgrade it via this method.
You can check the phone’s modal no. by- Follow Settings>> About Phone in your phone.
Step . Follow below procedure to flash the ICS firmware via Odin
1. First extract the downloaded stock firmware package in a desire folder of your PC. 2. Launch Odin that we also download before. 3. Check that “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset time” boxes in Odin are ticked, also keep Odin opened in your PC. 4. Switch off your Galaxy S3. 5. Reboot Galaxy S3 in download mode by- press and hold “Volume down” + “Home” buttons and then power on your Galaxy S3, next you will see a android green robot indicating that you are entered in download mode. 6. Now connect your Galaxy S3 to your PC via USB cable. 7. Check ID:COM box in Odin turns to colored shade (usually yellow), indicates that your Galaxy S3 is perfectly detected by Odin. 8. In Odin fill the tab “PDA” by loading a .tar file in it from the folder where you extracted the stock XXBLFB firmware before. 9. Now just click on “Start” to begin the flashing process. 10. Wait, until the flashing process get finished. Your phone will automatically reboot, when flashing will complete. Now when the phone will restart, and as soon as you see the language preference options just then disconnect the device from the computer, switch it off so we can wipe out the cache, to get a fresh firmware base. Just follow below steps to do it. a) Switch on your Galaxy S3 in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume Up” + “Home” and then press the power button simultaneously.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery mode. To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
b) Follow from the recovery menu- “Wipe data/factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition” and then confirm to wipe. c) After completion of wiping just select “Go back” and then “Reboot system now” from the main recovery menu. Done very well! Great! You can now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with Official Android 4.0.4 ICS XBLFB Firmware. Thanks to bestandroidblog Have Fun with ICS