New ICS base is now have been pushed via KIES for Samsung Galaxy S2. This new Android 4.0.3 ICS firmware is comes up with latest improved features and some bug fixes. This new official ICS update is very much popular among all Galaxy users, and also other handset users are still waiting for it for their devices. Some bright features that I heard about this firmware, are listed below.
Features of Android 4.0.3
- New Android 4.0.3 ICS base
- More easy and efficient UI
- Better processing speed
- More power consumption options
- More toggles
- Better app configuration
- New android market
Usually firmware updating method is of three types, as official, by a custom flashing app of PC and by recovery method. Custom methods are often published, so today I am going to guide you the easy and official method to update firmware. In today’s subject we use KIES to updating the firmware just in official way.
Special:- This official method is specially written for primary users.
Short description about the Update
Updating Firmware- Android 4.0 ICS
Just for- Samsung Galaxy S2
Firmware’s status- Official release
Installing via- KIES
Now let’s start to task the Update via below tutorial. Kindly follow the steps carefully.
Disclaimer:- Although we use the official way (via KIES) to update the firmware but sudden error may happen cause of manual or machine mistakes so be aware that we are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Tutorial to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 with Official Android 4.0.3 via KIES
Step . Get these below files and Objects ready
(a) Latest KIES. [Get it here]
(b) A PC/ laptop/ netbook with a stable and good internet connection.
(c) Samsung Galaxy S2.
Step . Prepare your phone (pre-requisites)
You can also use our brief and more efficient guide on preparing the phone before an update, by follow the below link-
(A) Make backup of all your important data such as SD card, SMS, Contacts, Call logs and APN and MMS settings, to avoid the risk of losing data cause of sudden error during the process. Use the below recommend link-
(B) Charge your Samsung Galaxy S2 at least 70%
Note:- Install the latest Samsung drivers in your PC compatible to your device.
Step . Follow below procedure to Update
1. First of all install the latest KIES software in your PC that we downloaded earlier.
2. Enable your internet connection in your PC.
3. Connect your Galaxy S2 with PC using the it’s original USB cable.
4. Wait until KIES will detect your phone.
5. After some time KIES will automatically prompts you to update the device, so, click on “Update” button in prompt.
6. Now click on “Basic information” and then “Firmware Upgrade” tabs.
7. Tick for “I have read all of the above information” in the given box.
8. Choose “Allow saving” or “Proceed without saving” option.
9. Now click on “Start Upgrade”, to begin the updating process.
10. Wait for finish the updating process, it will take about 5-30 minutes approx.
11. After finish of upgrading process, just click on “OK”.
12. Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S2.
13. Wait for 5- 10 seconds to reboot the device in new firmware base.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S2 with Official Android 4.0.3 ICS via KIES.
Thanks to telecom