AOKP and Jelly Bean, both are well known to users also be most wanted. As you all know Jelly bean is the latest android and AOKP is the highly designed custom ROM for best performance. Now assume what happen when these two families are working together in your Android. Then now this imagination become true in our very beloved Samsung Galaxy S II I9100G.
XDA Developer Fuss132 has recently present this exciting combination. Be aware that this is not an official release but custom update from the developers. Also there is no ETA along this update. So if you want to update your Samsung Galaxy S2 with this great mix of Jelly Bean and AOKP then we are also guide a easy tutorial in this article, use it and experience the best performance.
Quick description about the Update and Firmware
- Firmware update to- AOKP Jelly bean
- Firmware version- Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- Update Status- Custom / Not Officially released via Samsung
- Just for (Compatible device)- Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100
- Update needs- rooting access and custom recovery installed in Galaxy S2.
Be aware- Rooting and installing custom firmware in any android device will void the device warranty. To get the warranty claim back, you have to revoke these process with the default configuration of your device.
Recommend- Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of rooting and custom ROMs.
Update Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G with AOKP Jelly Bean Custom ROM Firmware [Tutorial]
Step . Download the firmware file below
- Stock AOKP Jelly Bean firmware package for I9100G. [Download it here]
- Google Apps package. [Download it here]
Disclaimer:- Cause of using this article if you face any kind of error or damage to your device then we are not responsible, do anything only at your own risk.
Step . Prepare your phone and PC (pre-requisites)
Recommend link for this step- Preparing your Android Device Before Upgrading Firmware
Make backup of all important data- How to backup your Android Device before upgrading firmware
Note:- Don’t use pc suite for backup cause it won’t be working for custom ROMs.
- Ensure your Samsung Galaxy S2 presently running on latest ICS Android 4.0.3 XXLPQ firmware base.
- Must enable the USB debugging mode in your Samsung Galaxy S2 by following path- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S2 should be rooted and custom recovery installed. Use below recommended links or your web browser to find it.
Tip:- Use “4 Ways to Identify if your Android Device is Rooted” guide on androidflip to check your Device is rooted or not.
- Charge your Galaxy S2 at least 70%.
- Ensure your android device is only Samsung Galaxy S2 and have the modal no. GT-I9100G, if you have not the right thing or device then don’t ever try this update on any other device.
You can check about your phone in detail by – Follow Settings>> About Phone in your phone.
Step . Follow below procedure to flash AOKP based Jelly bean 4.1.1 custom firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G
1. First you have to copy both downloaded AOKP based Jelly bean firmware packages and Google apps package (Zip) in root of your phone’s SD card.
Note:- Don’t place the files in deep of your SD card, it will hard to detect.
2. Then switch off your Galaxy S2.
3. After that reboot your Galaxy S2 in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume UP” + “OK” buttons and then switch ON your phone to reboot it in recovery mode.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
4. In recovery mode first wipe out the cache partition by- “Wipe data/factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition”.
5. After wipe out the cache come back to main recovery menu and flash the firmware by- Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card”.
6. Next browse and select the copied AOKP based Jelly Bean firmware package (Zip) and confirm it to flash.
7. Wait until the flashing process will complete, it will take about 5-7 minutes.
8. Again use the same step 5 to flash the Google apps package (Zip).
9. After finish of flashing come to the main recovery menu, by choosing “Go Back” and then select the option “reboot system now” to boot in new firmware.
Note:- If your device get stuck between the process or failed to reboot to the new custom ROM, then just pull out the phone’s battery and reinsert it, and task the whole procedure again.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 with AOKP base Jelly Bean 4.1.1 custom firmware.
For more queries heads over to XDA Developers