New ICS update for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 ! Exciting release in Europe region. Many of the Galaxy S2 users are very much satisfied with this new Android 4.0.4 ICS update having more efficient working phenomenon and better configuration with improved battery life. This is an official update for Europe region having build code as XWLPO.
Besides the compatibility view of region, we covered a fine guide so anyone can update their Samsung Galaxy S2 with this official Android 4.0.4 ICS just manually. It traditionally done with the help of Odin tool. So let’s move to the updating guide having quick intro and a easy tutorial.
About the Update and Firmware
- Firmware version- Android 4.0.4 ICS
- Firmware’s build code- XWLPO
- Update Status- Official release via Samsung
- Just for (Compatible device)- Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
- Region- Europe/ Nordic countries
Now let’s come to the tutorial. Follow below tutorial step by step and carefully to enjoy the ICS without any error*.
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Update Samsung Galaxy S2-I9100 to Official Android 4.0.4 ICS XWLPO manually by Odin [Tutorial]
Step 1). Download some required files below
- Odin3 v3.04. [Get Odin here]
- Stock XWLPO firmware package- I9100XWLPO_I9100NEELP4_I9100XXLQ6_NEE.zip | Size-388 MB. [Get it here]. You can also download it from one of the below alternative links.
Step 2). Prepare your phone and PC (pre-requisites)
Recommend link- Preparing your Android Phone Before Upgrading Firmware
- Must enable the USB debugging mode in your Galaxy S2 by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as antivirus from both PC and device, to avoid interruption during the process.
- Charge your Samsung Galaxy S2 at least 70%.
- Install latest Samsung drivers in your PC, compatible to your Galaxy S2. We had already download them in step .
- Ensure your Samsung Galaxy S2 have the modal no. I9100. If it is not have this modal no. then don’t ever try to upgrade it via this method.
You can check the phone’s modal no. by- Follow Settings>> About Phone in your phone.
Step 3). Follow below procedure to flash the ICS firmware via Odin
1. First extract the downloaded stock firmware package in a desire folder of your PC and check a file named as “I9100XWLPO_I9100NEELP4_I9100XXLQ6_HOME.tar” from it. Original extension- .md5
2. Again extract another downloaded package Odin3 v3.04.zip and launch Odin3 v3.04.exe from it.
3. Check that “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset time” boxes are ticked and “Re-partition” box is unchecked. Now keep Odin opened in your PC.
4. Switch off your Galaxy S2.
5. Reboot Galaxy S2 in download mode by- press and hold “Volume down” + “Home” buttons and then power on your Galaxy S2. Next you will see a warning appeared on screen, here just press “volume up” to enter in download mode.
6. Now connect your Galaxy S2 to your PC via USB cable.
7. Check ID:COM box in Odin turns to colored shade (usually yellow) and a message“Added” appeared in message box of Odin, indicates that your Galaxy S2 is perfectly detected by Odin.
8. Now in Odin fill the tab “PDA” by loading the file I9100XWLPO_I9100NEELP4_I9100XXLQ6_HOME.tar.md5 in it from the folder where you extracted the stock XWLPO firmware before.
9. Now just click on “Start” to begin the flashing process.
10. Wait, until the flashing process get finished. Your phone will automatically reboot and a “PASS”message will appear in message box of Odin, when flashing will complete.
Note:- If your device get stuck between the process or failed to reboot to the new ROM, then just pull out the phone’s battery and reinsert it, and task the whole procedure again.
Now when the phone will restart, and as soon as you see the language preference options just then disconnect the device from the computer, switch it off so we can wipe out the cache, to get a fresh firmware base. Just follow below steps to do it.
a) Switch on your Galaxy S2 in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume Up” + “Home” and then press the power button simultaneously.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
b) Follow from the recovery menu- “Wipe data/factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition” and then confirm to wipe.
c) After completion of wiping just select “Go back” and then “Reboot system now” from the main recovery menu.
Done very well!
Great! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S2-I9100 with Official Android 4.0.4 ICS XWLPO Firmware.
For more queries heads your browser to XDA Developers
Thanks to theandroidsoul