A new release from Neat developers for our Samsung Galaxy S II I9100. Yes, the very popular neat ROM is now had come with it’s new more developed version. This new version is based on the very best Android 4.0.3 ICS UHLPS.
All you know it is one of the best likely and very comfortable ROM among all custom ROMs. Now here for Galaxy S2 it comes with many new and interesting features and extra supports of additional apps. You will also found better speed with more battery saving in this neat custom ROM, check all other features and enhancements just below.
Features and Enhancements of ICS Neat
- Android 4.0.3 ICS UHLPS base
- More easy and beautiful UI
- Dialer with Contacts
- Percentage Battery
- Great battery life
- Speed and response much more faster and smoother
- Very best configuration of apps
- Init.d support
- Init.d tweaks
- Build.prop Tweaks
- Auto-Zipalign apps on boot
- Faster read / write the SD card
- Better camera app
- Faster media scanner
- USB mass storage by default
- Faster GPS FIX (Thanks hawkerpaul)
- Fixed Email bug
- TW launcher – Infinite scrolling
- Updated Gmail to v4.0.5
- Updated Google Maps to v6.9.0
- Updated Street to v1.8.1
- Updated YouTube to v4.0.8E
- Roboto font
- More others
Nice and very much affective! Now let’s move to update our Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 with this neat and clean custom firmware. There is a step by step tutorial is just below use it, but first check some important info about this firmware update.
Quick and Important Info About the Update and Firmware
- Firmware update to- Neat (Latest)
- Firmware version- Android 4.0.3 ICS UHLPS
- Update Status- Custom / Not Officially released via Samsung
- Just for (Compatible device)- Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100
- Update needs- rooting access and custom recovery installed in your Samsung Galaxy S2.
Be aware- Rooting and installing custom firmware in any android device will void the device warranty. To get the warranty claim back, you have to revoke these process with the default configuration of your device.
Recommend- Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of rooting and custom ROMs.
Update Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 to Neat Android 4.0.3 ICS Custom ROM Firmware [Tutorial]
Step . Download some required files for flashing below
- Stock Neat ICS 4.0.3 firmware package for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. [Download it here]
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Step . Prepare your phone and PC (pre-requisites)
Recommend link for this step- Preparing your Android Device Before Upgrading Firmware
Note:- Don’t use pc suite for backup cause it won’t be working for custom ROMs.
- Must enable the USB debugging mode in your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S2 should rooted and custom recovery installed. Use below recommended links or your web browser to find it.
Tip:- Use “4 Ways to Identify if your Android Device is Rooted” guide on androidflip to check your Device is rooted or not.
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as antivirus from both PC and android device, to avoid interruption during the process.
- Charge your Samsung Galaxy S2 at least 70%.
- Ensure your Samsung Galaxy S2 should have the Modal no. I9100. If not or your device should be of any other modal then don’t ever try this update on your device.
You can check the phone’s modal no. by- Follow Settings>> About Phone in your phone.
Step . Follow below procedure to flash Neat Android 4.0.3 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
1. First copy the downloaded stock Neat ICS 4.0.3 firmware package (Zip) in root of your phone’s SD card.
Note:- Don’t place the files in deep of your SD card, it will hard to detect.
2. Switch off your Galaxy S2.
3. Reboot your Galaxy S2 in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume Up” + “Home” and then press the power button to switch on the phone in recovery mode.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
4. In recovery mode, first make a backup of your phone’s system to get the previous firmware back anytime when you need it cause of any sudden error. You can make the firmware’s backup by “backup and restore” option.
5. After creating backup, come back to the main recovery menu, so choose “Go Back”.
6. Now wipe out the cache by- select “wipe data/ factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition” and then confirm to wipe the cache partition.
7. Now again come back to the main recovery menu and flash the firmware by -select “install zip from sd card”>> “choose zip from sd card”.
Additional:- If your Galaxy S2 is already running on any other custom firmware then you also have to clear out the dalvik cache by- select “Advanced” and then clear the dalvik cache.
8. Now browse and select the Neat custom ROM firmware package (Zip) that we copied earlier in root of SD card. Next, confirm it to flash.
9. Wait until the flashing process will complete, it will take about 5-7 minutes.
10. After finish of flashing come to the main recovery menu, so choose “Go Back”.
11. Now just reboot the phone by choosing the option “reboot system now”.
Note:- If your device get stuck between the process or failed to reboot to the new custom ROM, then just pull out the phone’s battery and reinsert it, and task the whole procedure again.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 with Neat an Custom Android 4.0.3 ICS Firmware.
For more queries just heads over to XDA developers