An upgraded firmware version of jellybean as android 4.1.2 has now officially launched for Samsung galaxy S2. This update android 4.1.2 jellybean now become commonly launching one by one for most of the powered android devices. Well in this case it is dubbed as XWLSR just after of XWLSD. It also comes along with some new impressing features and most the bug fixes, check them below.
Features of XWLSR
- New jellybean UI
- Improved speed and performance
- Camera and gallery fixed*
- Battery optimization*
- More stable and optimum
Now let’s head to update our Galaxy S2 with this new jellybean update. Use the below tutorial to update your galaxy S2 via Odin. Task every step carefully of the tutorial to avoid sudden errors and damages.
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT- I9100G to Official Android 4.1.2 Jellybean XWLSR manually by Odin [Tutorial]
Step . Download these required tools and files below
- Odin3 v1.83 [Get Odin here]
- Stock XWLSR firmware package- “I9100GXXLSR_I9100GXEFLSR_XEF.zip | 565.9 MB” [Get it here]
- If you not have the USB drivers for your device then [download them here]
Step . Prepare your phone and PC (pre-requisites)
Recommend link- Preparing your Android Phone Before Upgrading Firmware
First make backup of all your important data- How to backup your Android phone before upgrading firmware
Note:- Do not backup phone data using KIES, cause it is not sure that this version will release for your country later.
- Must enable the USB debugging mode in your Galaxy S2 by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as antivirus from both PC and device, to avoid interruption during the process.
- Charge your galaxy S2 at least 70%.
- Ensure you have Samsung Galaxy S2 of modal no. GT-I9100G. If you not have the right device or modal then don’t ever try to upgrade it via this method.
You can check the phone’s modal no. by- Follow Settings>> About Phone in your phone.
Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 4.1.2 XWLSR update for Galaxy S2, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update .
Step . Follow below procedure to flash XWLSR firmware via Odin
1. First extract both the downloaded packages (odin & firmware) separately in desire folders of your PC.
2. Then launch Odin3 v1.83.exe from the folder where you extracted Odin before.
3. In Odin window check that “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset time” boxes are ticked and “Re-partition” box is unchecked. Now keep Odin opened in your PC.
4. Switch off your Galaxy S2.
5. Reboot Galaxy S2 in download mode by- press and hold “Volume down” + “Home” buttons and then power on your Galaxy S2. Next you will see a green robot, indicates your S2’s download mode.
6. Now connect your galaxy S2 to your PC via USB cable.
7. Then check in Odin that ID:COM box turns to yellow shaded and a message“Added” appeared in message box, indicates that your Galaxy S2 is perfectly detected by Odin.
8. Now in Odin fill the “PDA” tab with a file, which have “.tar” extension. You can browse this file from the folder where you extracted the stock XWLSR firmware before.
9. After it just click on “Start” button to begin the flashing process.
10. Wait approx 3-5 minutes until the flashing process get finished. Your phone will automatically reboot and a “PASS”message will appear in message box of Odin, when flashing will complete.
Note:- If your device get stuck between the process or failed to reboot to the new ROM, then just pull out the phone’s battery and reinsert it and boot the device in normal mode. Otherwise for more rare case just task the whole procedure again.
Now when the phone will restart, and as soon as you see the language setting option, just then you can disconnect the device from the computer.
Done very well!
Great! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G with Official Android 4.1.2 Jellybean XWLSR firmware.