Samsung Galaxy S2 got it’s new ICS just recently, dubbed as XXLQ5. This new Android 4.0.4 is well released officially by Samsung at UK. Galaxy S2 users are now at the party their. You can also enjoy this official android 4.0.4 ICS in your Galaxy S2, no matter the place from wherever you are. So as we are also prepare a guide for you to update your Samsung Galaxy S2 with this new Android 4.0.4 ICS XXLQ5.
Features of XXLQ5
- Base as Android 4.0.4 ICS
- More easy UI
- More toggles
- Better processing speed
- More power consumption options
- Better app configuration
- Improved features and bug fix
Quick Description About the Update
- Update to Firmware – Android 4.0.4 ICS
- Firmware’s build Code- XXLQ5
- Region (released for)- UK
- Firmware’s status- Officially released by Samsung
- Just for the Handset- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 (network unlocked)
- Upgrading via- Manually by Odin
Now let’s head to the tutorial to update Samsung Galaxy S2 to XXLQ5, just follow the below tutorial step by step and carefully.
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Tutorial to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to Android 4.0.4 ICS XXLQ5 Firmware
Step . First download this required file
Step . Prepare your phone and PC (pre-requisites)
Recommend- Use our brief and more efficient guide on preparing the phone before an update, by following the below link-
(A) Make backup of all your important data such as SD card, SMS, Contacts, Call logs and APN and MMS settings, to avoid the risk of losing data cause of sudden error during the process. Use the below recommend link-
(B) Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as antivirus, to avoid interruption during the process.
(C) Must enable the USB debugging mode by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
(D) Charge your Samsung Galaxy S2 at least 70%.
(E) Ensure your Samsung Galaxy S2 have the modal no. GT-I9100. If it is not have this modal no. then don’t be try to upgrade.
You can check the phone’s modal no. by- Follow Settings>> About Phone in your phone.
(F) Be ensure your Samsung Galaxy S2 should be network unlocked
Note:- Install all the latest Samsung drivers in your PC compatible to your device.
Step . Follow below procedure to flash the ICS ROM
1. First extract the downloaded XXLQ5 firmware package in a desire folder of your PC and check it’s contents with below image.
2. Also extract the downloaded Odin tool package and launch it’s executable file (.exe).
3. Check that “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset time” boxes in Odin are ticked, also keep Odin opened in your PC.
4. Now switch off your Samsung Galaxy S2.
5. Connect it to PC via it’s original USB cable.
6. Switch your Galaxy S2 in download mode by- press and hold “Volume down” + “Home” and then press the power button to switch it on just simultaneously, you will see a green robot indicates the download mode.
Recommend Video link to get in download mode-
7. After enter Check the ID:COM box turns to yellow shade, which means your phone is perfectly detected by Odin.
8. Now click on below mentioned tabs in Odin and select there corresponded files from the firmware’s extracted folder.
PIT – u1_02_20120326_emmc_EXT4_8GB.pit
PDA – I9100_CODE_I9100XXLQ5_CL753921_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
CSC – GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXALQ5.tar.md5
Phone – MODEM_I9100XXLQ5_REV_02_CL1165929.tar.md5
9. After setting down all above tabs as mentioned, just click on “Start” to begin flashing process.
10. Wait, until the flashing process get finished. Your phone will automatically reboot, when flashing will complete.
Now when the phone will restart, just again switch it off so we can wipe out the cache, to get a fresh firmware base. Just follow below steps to do it.
a) Switch on your Galaxy S2 in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume Up” + “Home” and then press the power button simultaneously.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery or bootloader mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
b) Follow from the recovery menu- “Wipe data/factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition” and then confirm to wipe.
c) After completion of wiping just select “Go back” and then “Reboot system now” from the main recovery menu.
Great! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S2 with the new Official Android 4.0.4 ICS XXLQ5.
Thanks to AndroidAdvices