Hey friends! After a short a break I have come with a new firmware update for your Samsung Galaxy S. Yea! It’s the very known Jelly Bean or Android 4.1.1 just for Galaxy S. It come with the build code JRO03C. You may also know that this is not an official release but it is a official ROM from Galaxy Nexus that we install manually. Hence you can also called it a custom update.
That’s why it also needs rooting access and custom recovery install. It’s a primary build so some little bit features may missing, but don’t be disappoint cause most of the features are well exist. Now let’s come on the updating guide or tutorial, that is just below with a quick description, check it also.
Quick Description About the Update
- Update to Firmware – Android 4.1.1 Jelly bean
- Firmware’s build code- JRO03C
- Firmware’s status- Custom/ Not officially released
- Just for the Handset- Samsung Galaxy S GT- I9000 (running on Android 4.0 ICS)
- Update needs- rooting access, custom recovery installed in your Galaxy S
Be aware- Rooting and installing custom firmware in any android device will void the device warranty. To get the warranty claim back, you have to just revoke these process with the default configuration of your phone.
Recommend- Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of rooting and custom ROMs.
Now let’s head to the updating tutorial, just follow below tutorial step by step and carefully to task an efficient update.
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Tutorial to Update Galaxy S with Custom Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1. Download the required file below
- Download Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean JRO03C firmware package from here
- Download Fixes SP2 DPI 240 package file from here.
Step 2. Fill the below pre-requisites (Required terms and tools for this update)
Recommend link- Preparing your Android Phone Before Upgrading Firmware
- Make backup of all your important data by- How to backup your Android phone before upgrading firmware
Note: Don’t use pc suite for backup, cause these kind of backup is usually not detectable by custom ROMs.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S is running on official Android 4.0 ICS, otherwise update it with official ICS first.
- Ensure that your Galaxy S is rooted and have custom recovery installed. Use below recommended link or your web browser to find the desirer one.
- How to Root Any Android Phone with Unlock Root
Tip: Use our “4 Ways to Identify if your Android Phone is Rooted” guide to check if your phone is rooted or not.
- Disable all kind of security suites in your device to avoid interruption.
- Must enable the USB debugging mode by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Charge your Galaxy S at least 70%.
Step 3. Follow below procedure to flash Jelly bean on Galaxy S
1. First copy the downloaded Jelly bean firmware package (Zip) in root of your phone’s SD card.
Note:- Don’t place the files in deep of your SD card, it will hard to detect.
2. Switch off your Galaxy S.
3. Reboot your Galaxy S in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume Up” + “Home” and then press the power button to switch on the phone in recovery.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
4. In recovery mode, first make a backup of your phone’s system to get the previous firmware back anytime when you need it. You can make the firmware’s backup by “backup and restore” option.
5. After creating backup, come back to the main recovery menu and wipe out the cache by- select “wipe data/ factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition” and then confirm to wipe the cache partition.
6. Now again come back to the main recovery menu and flash the firmware by -select “install zip from sd card”>> “choose zip from sd card”.
7. Now browse and select the Jelly Bean 4.1.1 firmware package (.Zip) that we copied earlier in root of SD card. Next, confirm it to flash.
8. Wait until the flashing process will complete, it will take about 7-10 minutes.
9. Come again in main recovery menu and install the fixes by the same- select “install zip from sd card”>> “choose zip from sd card” and then select Fixes SP DPI 240 package .
10. After finish of flashing come to the main recovery menu, so choose “++++Go Back++++”.
11. Now just reboot the phone by choosing the option “reboot system now”.
Note:- If your device get stuck between the process or failed to reboot to the new custom ROM, then just pull out the phone’s battery and reinsert it, and task the whole procedure again.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean JRO03C.
Thanks to blog Samsungapp