Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, now gets its new ICS officially in France. This new ICS as Android 4.0.3 have the build code as N7000XXLQ3 and been successfully released in France, just few days ago. In this manner to update your Note by this new ICS we presenting you, all the three methods of update which you can perform desirably. But first let’s check out some brief about the update.
Brief info about the update and firmware
- Firmware version- Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Compatible device- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
- Region- Europe
- Country- France
- PDA- N7000XXLQ3
- CSC- N7000XEFLP1
- Modem- N7000XXLPT
Now let’s proceed to updating methods, the three methods are-
- Officially by KIES
- Officially by OTA
- Manually by Odin
Update Galaxy Note GT-N700 Officially by KIES
- First download latest KIES version in your PC (Windows and Mac). [Get KIES from Samsung here]
- Install KIES in your PC.
- After install just launch it in your PC.
- Connect your Note to the PC with the help of it’s USB cable.
- Follow on screen instructions in KIES to update.
Update Galaxy Note GT-N700 Officially by OTA
- Any time check out an automatic notification message from your carrier provider to update like below and then just tap on “Download” for update.
- Or manually in your Note by following – “Go to”>> “settings”>> “phone info”>> and then tap on “check for software update”.
Update Galaxy Note GT-N700 Manually by Odin [Tutorial]
Step . Download some required files below
- Odin3 v1.85. [Get Odin here]
- Pit file (Only needed for full flashing, if your Galaxy Note currently runs with any Custom ROM and needs Re-partition). [Get pit here]
- Stock N7000XXLQ3 ROM. [Get N7000XXLQ3 here]
Step . Prepare your phone and PC (pre-requisites)
Recommend link– Preparing your Android Phone Before Upgrading Firmware
- Must enable the USB debugging mode in your Note by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as antivirus, to avoid interruption during the process.
- Charge your Samsung Galaxy Note at least 70%.
- Install KIES and latest Samsung drivers in your PC, compatible to your Galaxy Note.
- Must download and install the right stock firmware according to your device’s country or carrier origin to avoid any functionality issues. So do not attempt to flash the following stock ROM on any other region except Europe.
- Ensure your Samsung Galaxy Note have the modal no. GT-N7000. If it is not have this modal no. then don’t be try to upgrade it via this method.
You can check the phone’s modal no. by- Follow Settings>> About Phone in your phone.
Step . Follow below procedure to flash the ICS firmware via Odin
1. First extract the downloaded stock firmware package in a desire folder of your PC.
2. Launch Odin that we also download before.
3. Check that “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset time” boxes in Odin are ticked, also keep Odin opened in your PC and don’t check the “Repartition” box.
4. Switch off your Galaxy Note.
5. Reboot Galaxy Note in download mode by- press and hold “Volume down” + “Home” buttons and then power on your Note until a warning message will appear on the screen. After that just press the “Volume up” button to continue to download mode, next you will see a android robot and “Downloading” message.
6. Now connect your Galaxy Note to your PC via USB cable.
7. Check ID:COM box in Odin turns to yellow shade, indicates that your Note is perfectly detected by Odin.
8. In Odin fill the tab “PDA” by loading a .tar file in it from stock firmware’s extracted folder.
PDA : N7000XXLQ3_N7000XEFLP1_N7000XXLPT_HOME.tar.md5
Note- if you needed full flashing, and your Galaxy Note currently runs with any Custom ROM and needs Re-partition then also fill “PIT” tab by loading the downloaded pit file in it.
9. Now just click on “Start” to begin the flashing process.
10. Wait, until the flashing process get finished. Your phone will automatically reboot, when flashing will complete.
Now when the phone will restart, just again switch it off so we can wipe out the cache, to get a fresh firmware base. Just follow below steps to do it.
a) Switch on your Galaxy Note in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume Up” + “Home” and then press the power button simultaneously.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery or bootloader mode.
To move up/down– Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option– Use Home/ Power button
b) Follow from the recovery menu- “Wipe data/factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition” and then confirm to wipe.
c) After completion of wiping just select “Go back” and then “Reboot system now” from the main recovery menu.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-I7000 to the new official Android 4.0.3 ICS known as N7000XXLQ3.
Thanks to devsrom4android