XDA member masterex567 recently landed with a more optimized custom ROM named as “Droid ACE” having base as Cyanogen Mod 7.5. This custom leak is just for our Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830, one of the primary android handsets. So you can now easily update your ACE with this new cyanogen mod 7.5, making your ace more better. Let’s check out the bright features and enhancements of this CM 7.5, these are really appreciable.
Features and Enhancements of Cyanogen Mod 7.5
- More optimum build of firmware
- Added Fire Kernel OC
- Added Adrenaline Engine
- Added Adrenaline Boost
- Pretty and easier UI
- GPS Sensors Patch
- Faster GPS Lock
- Added Bravia Engine (No proof, that it really works)
- SD Card Read Speed set at 4096 kbps
- Increased Internet Speed by modding system \etc
- Tweaked build.prop for :
- Performance Tweaks
- Dialing Tweaks
- Graphic Tweaks
- Battery Tweaks
- 3G Tweaks
- Wi fi Tweaks
- Scrolling Tweaks
- A lot of free RAM
- OC up to 960 mhz, but 921 mhz Stable.
- Over 80 MB Free in internal storage
Screenshots of Droid ACE
I know all our ACE user are also waiting for their ICS and jelly bean, but there is still no official news on it. But till then you can use this new CM 7.5 as your ACE partner. Now let’s proceed to the updating tutorial which is also given below in this article.
Short detail about the Update and Firmware
Be aware- Rooting and installing custom firmware in any android device will void the device warranty. To get the warranty claim back, you have to revoke these process with the default configuration of your device.
Recommend- Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of rooting and custom ROMs.
Disclaimer:- Cause of using this article if you face any kind of error or damage to your device then we are not responsible, do anything only at your own risk.
Update Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 with Cyanogen Mod 7.5 Custom ROM Firmware [Tutorial]
Step . Download some required firmware files below
- Stock Droid ACE Cyanogen Mod 7.5 firmware package.[Download it here]
Step . Prepare your phone and PC (pre-requisites)
Recommend link for this step- Preparing your Android Device Before Upgrading Firmware
- Make backup of all important data- How to backup your Android Device before upgrading firmware
Note:- Don’t use pc suite for backup cause it won’t be working for custom ROMs.
- Must enable the USB debugging mode in your Galaxy ACE by following path- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy ACE should be rooted and custom recovery installed. Use below recommended links or your desire search engine to find it.
Tip:- Use “4 Ways to Identify if your Android Device is Rooted” guide on androidflip to check your Device is rooted or not.
- Charge your Galaxy ACE at least 70%.
- Ensure your android device is only Samsung Galaxy ACE and have the modal no. S5830, if you have not the right thing or device then don’t ever try this update on any other device.
You can check about your phone in detail by – Follow Settings>> About Phone in your phone.
Step . Follow below procedure to flash Droid ACE Cyanogen Mod 7.5 based custom firmware on Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830
1. First copy downloaded droid ace firmware package (Zip) in root of your phone’s SD card.
Note:- Don’t place the files in deep of your SD card, it will hard to detect.
2. Then switch off your Galaxy ACE.
3. After that reboot your ACE in recovery mode by- press and hold “Menu” button and then switch ON your phone to reboot it in recovery mode.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
4. In recovery mode first wipe out the cache partition by- “Wipe data/factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition”.
5. After clearing the cache come back to main recovery menu by “Go back”.
6. Now flash the firmware by- Select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from sd card”.
7. Next browse and select the copied Droid ACE Cyanogen Mod 7.5 based firmware package (Zip) and confirm it to flash.
8. Wait until the flashing process will complete, it will take about 5-7 minutes.
9. After finish of flashing come to the main recovery menu, choose “reboot system now” to reboot in new firmware.
Note:- If your device get stuck between the process or failed to reboot to the new custom ROM, then just pull out the phone’s battery and reinsert it, and task the whole procedure again.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 with Droid ACE Cyanogen Mod 7.5 based custom firmware.
For more queries heads over to XDA Developers