Recently we covered a guide to update Samsung Galaxy ACE to Android 4.0.1. That update is a based on a custom ROM named “Myth”. There is new update version of Myth is now leaked by the developers having the Android 4.0.3 ICS styled gingerbread base. As per the sequence it’s also a non- official release, so if you are interested in installing new ROMs than it will give you some new for your Galaxy ACE.
This update version of Android Myth have several interesting features and improvements itself which makes you crazy about to install it. So let’s take a look on them.
Features and Improvements:
- Android 4.0.3 ICS styled custom ROM
- Improved speed and configuration
- Based on the stock DXKT5 2.3.6
- This supports about 55 European, Asian and Middle East
- Pre rooted
- Smooth UI with more easy use
- Manage RAM Lagfree v3
- CRT animation effect
- ClockworkMod recovery v 220.127.116.11
- A2sd GUI script
- Smooth scroll mod
- Modded TouchWiz Launcher 5 x 4, 5 dock
- Script to manage RAM Adrenaline Boost v2
- Script to manage RAM Turbo Boost v8.5
- Script to manage RAM Lagfree V3
Now if you are ready to install it then first, check again about the update quickly at below.
- This Android 4.0.3 ICS Myth is custom ROM that needs rooting access in your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830. So you have to root your Samsung Galaxy ACE first.
- Rooting your Galaxy ACE will void your warranty. To get warranty claim back, just revoke the rooting process any time by installing the default official firmware that is initially installed when you purchased the phone.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any kind of damage or error in your phone while applying this firmware update so do anything at your own risk.
Now let’s way to update the firmware, so just follow below steps.
Step 1. Download these required files in your PC
- ICS Myth Custom ROM firmware package (zip). [Get it here]
Step 2. Prepare your phone
- Make a backup of all your required and important things like SD card, SMS, Contacts, Call logs, APN and MMS settings etc. and such other that are related to your phone to prevent the risk of data lose during the process cause of any kind of sudden error.Recommend linksthat helps you to make an efficient backup-
Note: Don’t use KIES to backup, as KIES won’t be detecting the phone after this update since it’s a custom ROM.
- Must enable the USB debugging mode by following- Settings>> Applications>> Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as- KIES, antivirus to avoid interruption during the process.
- Charge your Galaxy ACE battery at least 75%.
Step 3. Install / Flash the firmware by this following procedure
- First of all you have to copied the downloaded firmware file “ImaGinaryICS_V.3.zip” into root of your phone’s SD card, so copy it using your USB cable.Note: Don’t place the firmware file in deep of your SD card it will hard to detect.
- After copying plug out the USB cable, and switch off your Galaxy ACE.
- Now get your Galaxy ACE into recovery mode by- press and hold the “Menu” button and than the “Power” button just simultaneously until you enter in recovery mode.
- After entering in recovery mode follow the path- “install zip from sdcard”>> “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Now browse and select the copied firmware package “ImaGinaryICS_V.3.zip” from your SD card.
- Now the installation will begin, so wait for about 6-7 minutes to finish.
- The device will reboot again in recovery mode after the completion of process.
- After completion of flashing just go back to the main menu and clear out the Cache partition by- choose “Wipe data/factory reset”>> “Wipe cache partition”.
- After this just reboot your ACE by choosing the option “reboot system now” from the main menu of recovery mode.
- If the phone doesn’t start after a long, than remove and reinsert the battery for a while and reboot it again.
That’s all. You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 to the new ICS Styled Myth custom Rom.Thanks to TheDroidNation
Enjoy and Have Fun