Samsung galaxy ace plus a middle range android phone comes with the old Gingerbread base as default. Also there are few official updates released. In this manner we all know that ACE plus users are eagerly waiting for a long to get something new as official.
Recently i found a new firmware update for Samsung Galaxy ACE plus, it is launched officially just few days ago, with build code DDLB1. It is actually the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread which is the latest base for Galaxy ACE plus device. This new update comes with some improved features and also the fixes one. In those features Wi-Fi fix is mostly appreciated. So first take a look on some bright features.
- Improved speed and process
- More easy UI
- Better camera configuration
- New fixes such as the Wi-Fi fix
- Updated apps and built in features
Short info about this firmware update
- Firmware update- Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread
- Build code- DDLB1
- Just for the handset- Samsung Galaxy ACE Plus S7500
- Status of update- Official and soon pushed via KIES
So if you are able to satisfy above conditions then let’s move to update the firmware. Just follow below procedure in step by step to achieve best results.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any kind of damage to your phone while updating or applying this update, so do anything at your own risk.
Tutorial to update Samsung Galaxy ACE plus S7500 to Official Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread DDLB1
Step 1. Check out the rooting info about the update just below
- This is an official update, so there is no need to root your device “Samsung Galaxy ACE Plus” in advance.
- Note that your device will not become rooted after applying this update.
- If your device is rooted already than your rooting access will revoked after applying this update.
Step 2. Download these required files
- Download the zip package from here, which contains-S7500DDLB1_S7500ODDLB1_S7500DDLB1_HOME.tar.md5
Step 3. Prepare your phone (Pre-requisites)
- First make backup of all your important things related to your phone such as- memory card, SMS, Contacts, Call logs, APN and MMS settings etc..How to backup your Android phone before upgrading firmware
- Must enable the USB debugging mode by following- Settings>> Applications>> Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as- KIES, antivirus to avoid interruption during the process.
- Charge your Galaxy S2 battery at least 70%.
Step 4. Follow this procedure to flash the firmware
1. First extract the downloaded zip package in your PC using any zip extractor such as 7-zip or WinRAR.
2. Launch the downloaded Odin3 in your PC and keep it opened.
3. Also check in Odin’s left side under the options Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are ticked.
4. Switch off your Galaxy ACE plus.
5. Reboot your Galaxy ACE plus in download mode by- press and hold “Volume Up”+ “Volume down”+ “Power” simultaneously until a green robot displayed.
6. Now connect your Galaxy ACE plus to your PC using USB cable.
7. Now come to the opened Odin, and check ID:COM section turn yellow and in message boxes “ADDED” appears, that means your phone is successfully connected and ready for update.
Note: If ID:COM doesn’t turns to yellow then
- You need to install USB drivers for your phone on the PC.
- Go to Settings -> Wireless & Network -> USB Settings and make sure that the “Samsung KIES” is checked before connecting your phone to your computer.
8. Click on PDA tab in Odin, and select the file you got after extracting firmware that is :
9. Now Click on “START” Button, During this process do not disconnect the cable or turn off device, your phone will reboot when flashing is done.
Note: If Odin gets stuck in the middle of the installation process, you’ll need to do the following:
- Disconnect the Galaxy ACE plus from your PC
- Remove the Galaxy ACE plus battery and reinsert it.
- Reboot the phone in download mode again
- Follow the update procedure again
Congratulation!! you have successfully installed the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread. Now As soon as possible clear the cache data to use a fresh and speeding android base. To perform this , follow the procedure below :
- Restart the device in recovery mode – switch it on by pressing and holding “Volume Up” + “OK” button simultaneously and then put the power on.
- Choose option “Wipe data/factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition” from the recovery menu.
- Now reboot your device by choosing “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
That’s all. You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy ACE Plus S7500 to official Android 2.3.6 DDLB1. Enjoy and Have Fun
Thanks to Androidnavy