MOTOROLA XOOM Android Tablet, a recent popular android from Motorola can now upgraded with a custom Jelly Bean firmware as Android 4.1.1. Yes, it is same leaked from the developers field and now available for our Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi edition. This is not an official release and might not experienced yet, so you are the only person who gives us the idea that this is the good one or not.
Be ready cause we also prepare a tutorial to update this unofficial jelly bean in our Motorola Xoom. Also take a look the quick description about the update, which let you more confirm about the Update.
Quick Info About the Update and Firmware
Be aware- Rooting and installing custom firmware in any android device will void the device warranty. To get the warranty claim back, you have to revoke these process with the default configuration of your device.
Recommend- Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of rooting and custom ROMs.
Update Motorola Xoom to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM Firmware [Tutorial]
Step . Download some required files below
- Stock Jelly bean 4.1.1 firmware package for Motorola Xoom. [Get it here]
- Google app package. [Get it here]
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Step . Prepare your Tablet and PC (pre-requisites)
Recommend link for this step- Preparing your Android Device Before Upgrading Firmware
Note:- Don’t use pc suite for backup cause it won’t be working for custom ROMs.
- Must enable the USB debugging mode in your Motorola Xoom by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Ensure that your Motorola Xoom should rooted and custom recovery installed. Use below recommended links or your web browser to find it.
Tip:- Use “4 Ways to Identify if your Android Device is Rooted” guide on androidflip to check your Device is rooted or not.
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as antivirus from both PC and device, to avoid interruption during the process.
- Charge your Motorola Xoom at least 70%.
- Ensure your device should Motorola Xoom or Motorola Xoom 4G US variants. If not or your device should be of any other variant then don’t ever try this update on your device.
Step . Follow below procedure to flash Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware on Motorola Xoom
1. First copy the downloaded stock Jelly bean 4.1.1 firmware package (Zip) in root of your Tablet.
Note:- Don’t place the files in deep of your SD card, it will hard to detect.
2. Switch off your Motorola Xoom.
3. Reboot your Motorola Xoom in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume Down” and then press the power button to switch on the tablet in recovery mode.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
4. In recovery mode, flash the firmware by -select “install zip from sd card”>> “choose zip from sd card”.
5. Now browse and select the Jelly Bean firmware package (Zip) that we copied earlier in root of SD card. Next, confirm it to flash.
6. Wait until the flashing process will complete, it will take about 5-7 minutes.
7. After finish of flashing come to the main recovery menu, so choose “Go Back”.
8. Again use the step 4 and select the Google Apps package (Zip) to flash.
9. After complete of flashing of Google apps again choose “Go Back”
10. Now just reboot the tablet by choosing the option “reboot system now”.
Note:- If your device get stuck between the process or on the startup Motorola logo or failed to reboot to the new custom ROM, then just pull out the tablet’s battery and reinsert it, and task the whole procedure again.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your MOTOROLA XOOM Android Tablet with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM Firmware.