Hey friends! Same to officials, custom firmware are also be popular among users. Custom firmware are comes with many interesting and customize features which usually can’t exist in official ones. Custom firmware are also have improved features and bug fixes. In this manner today we presenting you a recently developed custom ROM for Motorola Razr. This very special custom ROM known as “Eclipse”. It is basically based on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread. Some amazing features are listed below, check them out.
Features of Eclipse
- Based on Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware
- Easy UI
- Bloat Removed
- A lot of blur has been removed
- AOSP/CM7 mms
- AOSP music
- AOSP gallery3D
- Eclipse Launcher2
- CM7 file manager
- AOSP/CM7 Email
- AOSP/CM7 alarm clock
- AOSP car/desk dock
- AOSP news & weather
- AOSP calendar
- AOSP Sound Recorder
- Custom Blur Camera
- DSP Manager
- Eclipse Parts
- Accurate Battery – 1%
- CRT Animation ON and OFF
- Misc prop edits
- Custom Host File
- GPS config changes
- App widget Picker – boombuler
- Download crutch to help with web downloads
- Busy Box
- init.d support
- Eclipse Wallpaper
- Custom blue theme throughout
- ICS clock widget
- ICS Inspired boot animation
- Inverted Contacts/Dialer
- Inverted Google Talk2
- All Settings menus are inverted
- 7 pull down toggles (wireless, blue tooth, gps, sound/vibrate, auto brightness, data, and rotation)
- Native Facebook for android contacts sync
- Wake on volume
- Extended power controls (reboot, recovery, screenshot)
According to developers it is best developed custom ROM ever for Motorola Razr. So let’s check out this new custom ROM in our Motorola Razr. We prepare a step by step guide to update this custom “Eclipse” in your Motorola Razr. So before going towards the updating tutorial, read out some considering things and Quick description for your efficiency.
Quick Description About the Update
- Update to Firmware – Eclipse Custom ROM (Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread based)
- Firmware’s status- Custom/ Not officially released by Motorola
- Just for the Handset- Motorola Razr
Most considering things about the update
(a) This Update needs rooting access in your Motorola Razr.
(b) Be aware that unlocking bootloader, rooting and flashing custom ROMs will void your warranty. To get the warranty claim back, you have to just revoke all of these process with default.
(c) Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of unlocking bootloader, rooting, and custom ROMs.
Now we are ready to go towards the updating tutorial, just follow below tutorial step by step and carefully to task an efficient update.
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Tutorial to Update Motorola Razr with Eclipse Custom ROM Firmware
Step . First download this required file
- Eclipse Custom ROM Firmware package. [Download it here]
Step . Prepare your phone (pre-requisites)
Recommend- Use our brief and more efficient guide on preparing the phone before an update, by follow the below link-
(A) Make backup of all your important data such as SD card, SMS, Contacts, Call logs and APN and MMS settings, to avoid the risk of losing data cause of sudden error during the process. Use the below recommend link-
Note: Don’t use the pc suite for backup, cause these kind of backup is usually not detectable by custom ROMs.
(B) Ensure that your Motorola Razr is rooted with custom recovery installed, otherwise root it first according to it’s current official firmware base. Use below recommended links or your web browser to find it.
(C) Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls in both PC and phone to avoid interruption.
(D) Must enable the USB debugging mode by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
(E) Charge your Motorola Razr at least 70%.
Step . Follow below procedure to flash the Eclipse ROM
1. First copy the downloaded Eclipse Custom ROM Firmware package (Zip) in root of your phone’s SD card.
Note:- Don’t place the files in deep of your SD card, it will hard to detect.
2. Switch off your Motorola Razr.
3. Reboot your Razr in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume Up” + “Volume Down” and then power on your Razr, until you see the Recovery Menu with a triangular and robot, just then press the Volume buttons to confirm.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery or bootloader mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
4. In recovery mode make a backup of your phone’s system to get the previous firmware back anytime when you need it. You can make the firmware’s backup by “backup and restore” option.
5. After creating backup, come back to the main recovery menu and wipe out the cache by- select “wipe data/ factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition” and then confirm to wipe the cache partition.
6. Again come back to the main recovery menu and select “install zip from sd card”>> “choose zip from sd card”.
7. Now browse and select the Eclipse Custom ROM Firmware packaged file (.Zip) that we copied earlier and then confirm it to flash.
8. Wait until the flashing process will complete, it will take about 7-10 minutes.
9. After finish come to the main recovery menu by choosing “Go Back”.
10. Now just reboot the phone by choosing the option “reboot system now” from the main recovery menu.
You have successfully update your Motorola Razr to the new Eclipse custom ROM Firmware.
Thanks to AndroidAdvices