Motorola Droid X2 now receives it’s new CyanogenMod 9 custom firmware. This new CM9 firmware is based on Alpha version of Android ICS. As of alpha state there may be some bugs will occur, which will soon fixed by CM team. But till then try this new firmware from CM cause as usually CM ROMs are very much useful and faster than the official ones. See below and check how much features are overcome to the official one.
Features of CyanogenMod 9 firmware for Motorola Droid X2
- Based on alpha state ICS
- More faster in processing
- Better Camera app configuration
- More toggles
- Data Usage (optional, not on by default)
- Maybe tethering, but I doubt it (turns on, but haven’t tested)
- HQ and LQ You tube (used to be a problem)
- Google PLAY Store automatically pushes all the larger apps to the SD Card,
- RAM memory is managed better in this ICS Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware,
- Some force close errors will be there but not in the dialer as well as message apps,
- Graphic memory automatically scales the processor usage which in turn ensures that the memory usage doesn’t choke up the device
So let’s head to updating, before proceeding take a look on some important ones.
Quick Description About the Update
- Update to Firmware – Cyanogen Mod 9 Custom ROM (Android 4.0 ICS alpha based)
- Firmware’s status- Custom/ Not officially released by Motorola
- Just for the Handset- Motorola Droid X2 (Network locked)
Most considering things about the update
Update needs- rooting access and custom recovery installed in your Motorola Droid X2.
Be aware- Rooting and installing custom firmware in any android device will void the device warranty. To get the warranty claim back, you have to revoke these process with the default configuration of your phone.
Recommend- Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of rooting and custom ROMs.
Yes, it’s all some important info about the update. Let’s head to the updating tutorial, just follow below tutorial step by step and carefully to task an efficient update.
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Tutorial to Update Motorola Droid X2 with Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS Alpha Custom ROM Firmware
Step . Download some required files below
Step . Fill the below pre-requisites (Required terms and tools for this update)
Recommend link- Preparing your Android Phone Before Upgrading Firmware
(A) Make backup of all your important data by- How to backup your Android phone before upgrading firmware
Note: Don’t use pc suite for backup, cause these kind of backup is usually not detectable by custom ROMs.
(B) Ensure that your Motorola Droid X2 is rooted and have custom recovery installed. Use below recommended links or your web browser to find it.
Tip:- Use “4 Ways to Identify if your Android Phone is Rooted” guide on androidflip to check your phone is rooted or not.
(C) Disable all kind of security suites in your device to avoid interruption.
(D) Must enable the USB debugging mode by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
(E) Charge your Motorola Droid X2 at least 70%.
Step . Follow below procedure to flash CM9 ICS alpha firmware on Motorola Droid X2
1. First copy the downloaded CM 9 ICS alpha custom firmware package (Zip) in root of your phone’s SD card.
Note:- Don’t place the files in deep of your SD card, it will hard to detect.
2. Switch off your Motorola Droid X2.
3. Reboot your Motorola Droid X2 in download mode (so you can enter in recovery mode) by- press and hold “Volume Down” + “Camera” buttons and then power on your phone.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery or bootloader mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
4. In bootloader mode select “recovery” to enter in recovery mode.
5. In recovery mode, make a backup of your phone’s system to get the previous firmware back anytime when you need it. You can make the firmware’s backup by “backup and restore” option.
6. After creating backup, come back to the main recovery menu and wipe out the cache by- select “wipe data/ factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition” and then confirm to wipe the cache partition.
7. Now flash the firmware by come back to the main recovery menu and select “install zip from sd card”>> “choose zip from sd card”.
8. Now browse and select the CyanogenMod9 ICS Alpha Custom ROM firmware packaged file (.Zip) that we copied earlier and then confirm it to flash.
9. Wait until the flashing process will complete, it will take about 7-10 minutes.
10. After finish come to the main recovery menu by choosing “Go Back”.
11. Now just reboot the phone by choosing the option “reboot system now” from the main recovery menu.
Note:- If your device get stuck between the process or failed to reboot to the new custom ROM, then just pull out the phone’s battery and reinsert it, and task the whole procedure again.
You have successfully updated your Motorola Droid X2 with Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS Alpha custom firmware.
Thanks to AndroidAdvices