After getting all in one Toolkit for our HTC Wildfire S, now it’s time to feed some new in it. Let’s try a new custom ROM from wildfire team for our HTC wildfire, it is the recently cook custom ROM leaked from XDA developer Tigger31337, mostly liked from all tested users. Catch out the features and screenshots below found in wildchild custom ROM.
Sreenshots of Wildchild
Features of Wildchild Custom ROM
- WildChild themed (hope ya like blue!)
- Einstein Frat’s latest “Cake” (v1.4) over-clocked kernel
- De-Odex’ed ROM (with an Odex version coming very, very soon!)
- Extra alarm & notification sounds
- a2sd support (with Link2SD bundled… go nuts.)
- Wake screen with volume rocker
- CRT animation on/off
- Removed the Google Market updater (will provide it as an Add-On, if users wish it)
- Adobe Flash player
- Barcode Scanner
- Terminal Emulator
- AnEq Equalizer
- NoFrills CPU
- Partitions Info Lite
- ScreenFilter (for making your screen ultra-dark)
- Startup Auditor
- WiFi Manager
- Wifi Tracker
So I think these features are pretty better to try this custom ROM. You can use the easy tutorial below summed with this article. Also read out the quick detail about the update first, to make a right decision about installing the firmware.
Short detail about the Update and Firmware
- Firmware update to- Wildchild
- Update Status- Custom / Not Officially released via HTC
- Just for (Compatible device)- HTC Wildfire S
- Update needs- rooting access and custom recovery installed in HTC wildfire S.
Be aware- Rooting and installing custom firmware in any android device will void the device warranty. To get the warranty claim back, you have to revoke these process with the default configuration of your device.
Recommend- Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of rooting and custom ROMs.
Disclaimer:- Cause of using this article if you face any kind of error or damage to your device then we are not responsible, do anything only at your own risk.
Update HTC Wildfire S with Wildchild Custom ROM Firmware [Tutorial]
Step . Download some required firmware files below
- Stock Wildchild Custom ROM firmware package.[Download it here]
Step . Prepare your phone and PC (pre-requisites)
Recommend link for this step- Preparing your Android Device Before Upgrading Firmware
- Make backup of all important data- How to backup your Android Device before upgrading firmware
Note:- Don’t use HTC Sync for backup cause it won’t be working for custom ROMs.
- Must enable the USB debugging mode in your HTC Wildfire S by following path- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Ensure that your HTC Wildfire S should be rooted and custom recovery installed. Use below recommended links.
Tip:- Use “4 Ways to Identify if your Android Device is Rooted” guide on androidflip to check your Device is rooted or not.
- Charge your HTC Wildfire S at least 70%.
- Ensure your android device is only HTC Wildfire S, if you have not the right thing or device then don’t ever try this update on any other device.
You can check about your phone in detail by – Follow Settings>> About Phone in your phone.
Step . Follow below procedure to flash wildchild custom ROM firmware on HTC Wildfire S
1. First copy downloaded wildchild custom firmware package (Zip) in root of your phone’s SD card.
Note:- Don’t place the files in deep of your SD card, it will hard to detect.
2. Then switch off your Wildfire S.
3. After that reboot your Wildfire S in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume UP” + “OK” button and then switch ON your phone to reboot it in recovery mode.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
4. In recovery mode first wipe out the cache partition by- “Wipe data/factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition”.
5. After clearing the cache come back to main recovery menu by “Go back”.
6. Now flash the firmware by- Select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from sd card”.
7. Next browse and select the copied Wildchild Custom ROM firmware package (Zip) and confirm it to flash.
8. Wait until the flashing process will complete, it will take about 5-7 minutes.
9. After finish of flashing come to the main recovery menu, choose “reboot system now” to reboot in new firmware.
Note:- If your device get stuck between the process or failed to reboot to the new custom ROM, then just pull out the phone’s battery and reinsert it, and task the whole procedure again.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your HTC Wildfire S with Wildchild custom ROM firmware.
For more queries heads over to XDA Developers