HTC Wildfire S now got its new custom firmware, from the very popular Cyanogen Mod 9. This new custom firmware based on the latest android base known as ICS android 4.0. This custom firmware from CM 9 for HTC Wildfire S comes along several bright features and improvements, better processing speed than the official one is the most important. Check some other at below.
Features of ICS CM9 custom ROM
- Based on latest Android 4.0 ICS
- Improved processing speed
- Added smartass2 governor and made it default (if you changed performance settings you need to choose smartass2 now)
- Fixed QR Code scanners
- Firmware is based on the Latest ICS Android 4.0,
- Stock version of Cyanogen mod 184.108.40.206 kernel,
- Supports all the AOSP / AOKP kernels and also Tiamat-Saga,
- Comes with an all-new Interface which is different from Stock,
- Battery life has been optimized,
- Increased Quadrant Ranks when checked with Antutu benchmarking tool
- Supports the latest Google PLAY Store,
- Comes with the better app management tools and facilities as it supports many folder lock applications which was not there earlier
- More battery consumption
- Easy UI
- More toggles
Updating tutorial is also along this guide, use it update your HTC Wildfire S.
Quick Description About the Update
- Update to Firmware – Cyanogen Mod 9 Custom ROM (Android 4.0 ICS based)
- Firmware’s status- Custom/ Not officially released
- Just for the Handset- HTC Wildfire S
Most considering things about the update
Update needs- rooting access and custom recovery installed in your HTC Wildfire S.
Be aware- Rooting and installing custom firmware in any android device will void the device warranty. To get the warranty claim back, you have to revoke these process with the default configuration of your phone.
Recommend- Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of rooting and custom ROMs.
Yes, it’s all some important info about the update. Let’s head to the updating tutorial, just follow below tutorial step by step and carefully to task an efficient update.
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Tutorial to Update HTC Wildfire S with Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS Custom ROM Firmware
Step . First download this required file
- HTC Wildfire S CM 9 custom firmware package. [Download it here]
Step . Prepare your phone (pre-requisites)
Recommend link- Preparing your Android Phone Before Upgrading Firmware
(A) Make backup of all your important data by- How to backup your Android phone before upgrading firmware
Note: Don’t use HTC sync for backup, cause these kind of backup is usually not detectable by custom ROMs.
(B) Ensure that your HTC wildfire S is rooted and have custom recovery installed, otherwise root it first. Use below recommended links or your web browser to find it.
(C) Disable all kind of security suites in your device to avoid interruption.
(D) Must enable the USB debugging mode by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
(E) Charge your HTC Wildfire S at least 70%.
Step . Follow below procedure to flash CM9 build ICS firmware
1. First copy the downloaded CM 9 custom firmware package (Zip) in root of your phone’s SD card.
Note:- Don’t place the files in deep of your SD card, it will hard to detect.
2. Switch off your HTC Wildfire S.
3. Reboot your Wildfire in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume Down” and then power on your phone.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery or bootloader mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
4. In recovery mode menu follow- install zip from SD card>> choose zip from SD card.
5. Now browse and select the copied CM 9 firmware package (.Zip), then confirm it to flash.
6. Wait until the flashing process will complete, it will take about 7-10 minutes.
7. After finish of flashing just come back to the main recovery menu by choosing “+++Go back+++”.
8. Now wipe out the cache by- select wipe data/ factory reset>> Wipe Cache partition and then confirm to wipe the cache partition.
9. Come back again to the main recovery menu and reboot the phone by choosing the option reboot system now.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your HTC Wildfire S with Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS custom firmware.
Thanks to AndroidAdvices