A new custom ROM for HTC One X is now available, named as “Android Revolution HD”. There are several features are customize in this new custom ROM. This new “Revolution HD” ROM is build according to fast and stable use of the ROM.
Android revolution is one of the great custom ROM which need more powered processor comparative to any other custom ROMs in Android world. Now if we talk about HTC One X that is also a high rated phone having “Quad core” technology which proves that it is best compatible for it.
Now on due course of this article we tell you the features, pre-requisites and updating procedure to update this interesting custom ROM in your HTC One X. Let’s start with knowing some bright features of this custom ROM.
Features of Android Revolution custom rom
- Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) – latest Final HTC RUU 1.26.401.2
- Very fast, clean & stable
- Removed software (CPU) rendering – full nVidia Tegra 3 (GPU) rendering
- Fully optimized and tweaked
- ROOT (su + SuperSu Permissions – Thanks to chainfire)
- Unsecured boot.img
- Newest BusyBox
- RAM optimizations
- System signatures check enabled for system security and safety
- Improved virtual memory management
- Speed optimizations
- Enabled GPU UI rendering
- Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
- Bloatware applications removed (Amazon MP3, SoundHound, etc.)
- All /system applications updated to latest available
- All /data applications updated to latest available
- Improved camera performance
- Improved CPU governors performance
- Most optimal system scheduler
- Disabled kernel debugging for better performance
- ZRAM ready!
- Advanced Power Menu and CRT Animation as extra add-ons
- Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
- Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
- Fully de-odexed
- init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
- Auto init.d permissions set on boot
- sysro/sysrw commands support
- Excellent battery life
- Improved EXT4 performance by changing mounting method
- OpenVPN support
- 4EXT Recovery (Thanks to madmaxx82) – coming soon!
- Most up-to-date system files permissions
- Adobe Flash Player support for Ice Cream Sandwich
- You can replace HTC boot animation with any custom boot animation
- Support almost 24h a day
I think you like these bright features and deciding to update Android revolution. But moving afterwards just check again the compatibility parameters and some rooting information about the update.
Compatibility parameters and short info about the update
- Firmware update- Android Revolution
- Firmware base- Android 4.0.3 (ICS) – latest Final HTC RUU 1.26.401.2
- Compatible handset- HTC One X
- Firmware’s status- Non- official release/ Custom ROM
- Firmware’ developers- XDA developers
- Android revolution is a custom ROM that needs rooting access in your phone, so you have to first root your HTC One X.
Be aware that rooting your phone will void your warranty, and to get warranty claim back you have to just revoke the process by installing the default firmware that is official come with your while purchasing.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any kind of damage or error to your phone while installing the firmware, so do all thing at your own risk. We can only try to guide you and help you as much as we can.
Now let’s head to updating the firmware, so follow the below steps carefully.
Step 1. Download these files in your PC
Step 2. Prepare your phone (pre-requisites)
- Make backup of all your important data related to your phone such as- SD card, Contacts, SMS, Call logs, APN and MMS settings, Apps etc. to avoid the risk of losing these kind data cause of sudden during flashing of firmware. Use below androidflip link to make efficient backup-
Note: Do not use HTC sync for backup data, cause of it’s not working in custom ROMs.
- As we earlier describe that this update needs your HTC One X rooted, so root it first if it is not rooted already.
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls (such as KIES, antivirus) from your PC and as well as from the device to avoid interruption during the process.
- Must enable the USB debugging mode by following- Settings>> Applications>> Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Charge your HTC One X at least 70% to make the process interruption less.
Step 3. Flash / Install the firmware in your HTC One X by this following procedure
- Copy the downloaded firmware file (zip) and “Super wipe” package in root of your SD card by connecting the phone to the PC using the USB cable.
Note: Don’t place the files in deep of your SD card, it will be hard to find.
- Disconnect the phone and switch it off.
- Reboot your HTC One X in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume down” + “Power button” simultaneously until the phone switch in recovery mode.
- From the main menu of recovery mode just follow- “install zip from SD card”>> “choose zip from SD card” and then browse and select the copied “Super Wipe” package and then the “Android Revolution” custom firmware package.
- After choosing these files, the installation will begin, so wait for about 5-10 minutes to finish.
- After the completion of process the device will again come back to the recovery mode, so now just go back to the main menu and clear out the Cache partition by- choose “Wipe data/factory reset”>> “Wipe cache partition”.
- After clearing the cache, reboot your HTC One X by choosing the option “reboot system now” from the main menu of recovery mode.
That’s all. You have successfully updated your HTC One X to the new Android Revolution HD custom ROM firmware. For more queries just heads over to XDA developers Forum