Little bit later but much important update for HTC desire as Android 4.0.4 ICS. This is an important custom update from the developers field. This recent leaked custom ROM is very much user friendly and also a popular one among HTC users. Check out some main and bright features of this custom ICS ROM below.
Working Features of Custom ICS rom
- Android 4.0.4 ICS as base
- Usb tethering
- USB mass storage
- Camera + preview + panorama + video working
- Easy and more better UI
- Better apps configuration
- Stable 3G
- Gmail sync + calendar working with gmail
- Nice working with more fasten process
- SD read/write
- All sensors
- Picassa sync
- Fixed permissions (3rd party apps that needed maps now works)
- Native A2SD (can flash other scripts)
- Google Backup
- HW acceleration
- Wi-Fi tether
- Data usage tracker
- Video streaming and playback
- Extended power menu
- Custom design by the developers
- Track pad
- Market with paid apps
So give it a try by installing it in your HTC desire and let us know by your precious comments that it really acceptable or not. As the same manner the updating tutorial, and such other related things are written below, check them carefully and by full concentration so you can achieve the error less update.
About the Update and Firmware
- Firmware version- Android 4.0.4 ICS (Custom)
- Update Status- Custom / Not Officially released via HTC
- Just for (Compatible device)- HTC Desire
- Required term- HTC desire should be bootloader unlocked and have S-Off
Now let’s come to the tutorial. Follow below tutorial step by step and carefully to enjoy the ICS without any error*.
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Update HTC Desire to Custom Android 4.0.4 ICS
Step (1). Download some required files below
- Stock Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware package. [Get it here]
Step (2). Prepare your phone and PC (pre-requisites)
Recommend link- Preparing your Android Phone Before Upgrading Firmware
Note:- Don’t use HTC sync for backup cause it won’t be working with custom firmware.
- Must enable the USB debugging mode in your HTC Desire by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Ensure that your HTC Desire should-
Rooted with Custom recovery installed
Note:- Use below recommended link or your web browser to find the desire rooting guide.
Tip:- Use “4 Ways to Identify if your Android Phone is Rooted” guide on androidflip to check your phone is rooted or not.
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as antivirus from both PC and device, to avoid interruption during the process.
- Charge your HTC Desire at least 70%.
- Ensure your android device is the right product of HTC that is desire. If it is not then don’t ever try to upgrade it via this method.
You can check the phone’s modal no. by- Follow Settings>> About Phone in your phone.
Step (3). Follow below procedure to flash Custom Android 4.0.4 ICS on HTC desire
1. First copy the downloaded stock ICS firmware package (Zip) in root of your phone’s SD card.
Note:- Don’t place the files in deep of your SD card, it will hard to detect.
2. Switch off your HTC desire.
3. Reboot your HTC desire in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume Down” and then press the power button to switch on the phone in recovery mode.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
4. In recovery mode, first make a backup of your phone’s system to get the previous firmware back anytime when you need it. You can make the firmware’s backup by “backup and restore” option.
5. After creating backup, come back to the main recovery menu and wipe out the cache by- select “wipe data/ factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition” and then confirm to wipe the cache partition.
6. Now again come back to the main recovery menu and flash the firmware by -select “install zip from sd card”>> “choose zip from sd card”.
7. Now browse and select the ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware package(.Zip) that we copied earlier in root of SD card. Next, confirm it to flash.
8. Wait until the flashing process will complete, it will take about 5-7 minutes.
9. After finish of flashing come to the main recovery menu, so choose “Go Back”.
11. Now just reboot the phone by choosing the option “reboot system now”.
Note:- If your device get stuck between the process or failed to reboot to the new custom ROM, then just pull out the phone’s battery and reinsert it, and task the whole procedure again.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your HTC desire with Custom Android 4.0.4 ICS ROM Firmware.
Thanks to pamandroid