Hey friends! A recent custom update from developers of liquid firmware is our today’s update for our Google Nexus 7. This new liquid firmware have the latest jelly bean as Android 4.1.1 base and comes along with several customizing features which are mostly appreciated. Be aware it’s alpha 6 release and more improved build will release soon. Now check out the additional features of this exciting firmware below.
Features of Liquid Jelly Bean 4.1.1 alpha 6
- Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean as Base
- Extremely responsive, slim, resource friendly UI
- Team Liquid & Team Trinity has joined together featuring morfic’s latest & greatest built in!
- Backup/Restore configurations so you can re flash and retain your personal UI/ROM customizations
- Now Includes 5 Lock screen targets
- Center clock mod/customizable Color
- Customizable battery icons
- Prop Modder, a new convenient way to edit your build.prop
- Native Overclocking Performance Utility
- Weather and Calendar on Lock screen
- Super SU installed by default
- Notification Bar Toggles
- Notification Count in Status Bar
- Open Recovery Support
Screenshots of Liquid
So today we are going test this exciting firmware in our Google Nexus 7. Use the below easy tutorial to update this firmware just after an quick description all about the update.
Quick description about the Update and Firmware
- Firmware update to- Liquid alpha 6
- Firmware version- Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- Update Status- Custom / Not Officially released via Google
- Just for (Compatible device)- Google Nexus 7
- Update needs- rooting access and custom recovery installed in Nexus 7.
Be aware- Rooting and installing custom firmware in any android device will void the device warranty. To get the warranty claim back, you have to revoke these process with the default configuration of your device.
Recommend- Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of rooting and custom ROMs.
Update Google Nexus 7 Liquid Alpha 6 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM Firmware [Tutorial]
Step . Download the firmware file below
- Stock Liquid Jelly Bean Alpha 6 firmware package. [Download it here]
Disclaimer:- Cause of using this article if you face any kind of error or damage to your device then we are not responsible, do anything only at your own risk.
Step . Prepare your phone and PC (pre-requisites)
Recommend link for this step- Preparing your Android Device Before Upgrading Firmware
Make backup of all important data- How to backup your Android Device before upgrading firmware
Note:- Don’t use pc suite for backup cause it won’t be working for custom ROMs.
- Must enable the USB debugging mode in your Google Nexus 7 by following path- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Ensure that your Google Nexus 7 should be rooted and custom recovery installed. Use below recommended links or your web browser to find it.
Tip:- Use “4 Ways to Identify if your Android Device is Rooted” guide on androidflip to check your Device is rooted or not.
- Charge your Nexus 7 at least 70%.
- Ensure your android device is only Google Nexus 7, and if you have not the right thing or device then don’t ever try this update on any other device.
You can check about your phone in detail by – Follow Settings>> About Phone in your phone.
Step . Follow below procedure to flash liquid Jelly bean 4.1.1 custom firmware on Google Nexus 7
1. First you have to copy the Liquid firmware packages (Zip) in root of your phone’s SD card.
Note:- Don’t place the files in deep of your SD card, it will hard to detect.
2. Switch off your Nexus 7.
3. Now launch the ROM manager app in your phone and choose the option “Reboot into Clock Work mod recovery” to reboot the phone in recovery mode.
Note:- If you not have the app then install it from Google play first.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
4. In recovery mode flash the firmware by- follow- “install zip from sd card”>> “choose zip from sd card”.
5. Next browse and select the earlier copied Liquid Jelly Bean firmware package (Zip) and confirm it to flash.
6. Wait until the flashing process will complete, it will take about 5-7 minutes.
7. After finish of flashing come to the main recovery menu, by choosing “Go Back” and then select the option “reboot system now” to boot in new firmware.
Note:- If your device get stuck between the process or failed to reboot to the new custom ROM, then just pull out the phone’s battery and reinsert it, and task the whole procedure again.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Google Nexus 7 with liquid jelly bean Android 4.1.1 custom ROM Firmware.
For more queries heads over to XDA Developers