New firmware release for our [easyazon-link asin="B00861O8EO"]Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3100[/easyazon-link] via KIES as official. Yes my friends if you are the lucky owner of Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3100, the WiFi + 3G variant of the 7-inch Android tablet then you have the chance to taste the new official Android 4.0.4 ICS release from Samsung itself. This new official firmware have the build code as P3100ZSBLH3 and it actually released on August 7 over KIES for Taiwan. Some other details related to ZSBLH3 are just below, check them out.
Firmware Details of Android 4.0.4 ZSBLH3
- Firmware version- Android 4.0.4 ICS
- Firmware build code- ZSBLH3
- Firmware’s PDA- P3100ZSBLH3
- Firmware’s CSC- P3100BRIBLH3
- Released Date- 07 August 2012
- Regions- China, Hong Kong
- Compatible device for the Firmware- [easyazon-link asin="B008HTCF9U"]Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3100[/easyazon-link]
- Update Status- Official release via Samsung
Now the updating method will discussed. In rest of this article we will also guide you the easy tutorial to update your Galaxy Tab 2 with this official release as manually by the use of Odin. Use it, in replace of slight harden updating method via KIES.
Rooting Warning: Be aware that cause of an official update you will lose root access in your Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) as soon as you install this update.
Now the tutorial comes up. Follow below tutorial step by step and carefully to enjoy the official ICS without any error.
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3100 to Official ZSBHL3 Android 4.0.4 ICS manually by Odin [Tutorial]
Step . Download few required files below
Step . Prepare your Tablet and PC (pre-requisites)
Recommend link- Preparing your Android device Before Upgrading Firmware
- Must enable the USB debugging mode in your Galaxy Tab 2 by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as antivirus from both PC and device, to avoid interruption during the process.
- Charge your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 at least 90%.
- Install latest Samsung USB drivers in your PC compatible to your Galaxy Tab 2, compatible to your Galaxy Tab 2. We had already download them in step .
- Ensure your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) have the modal no. P3100. If your android device do not have these modal no. then don’t ever try to upgrade it via this method.
You can check the tablet’s modal no. by- Follow Settings >> About tablet in your tablet.
Step . Follow below procedure to flash official ZSBHL3 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware via Odin
1. First extract the downloaded stock firmware package P3100ZSBLH3_P3100BRIBLH3_BRI.zip in a desire folder of your PC and check a file ended with .tar in it. Original extension- .md5
2. Again extract another downloaded package Odin3 v1.85.zip and launch Odin3 v1.85.exe from it.
3. Check that “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset time” boxes are ticked and “Re-partition” box is unchecked. Now keep Odin opened in your PC.
4. Switch off your Galaxy Tab 2.
5. Reboot Galaxy Tab 2 in download mode by- press and hold “Volume down” button and then power on your Tab. Next you will see a two option as download and recovery modes appeared on screen, here just press “volume up” to highlight download mode and then press the power button to enter in download mode.
6. Now connect your Galaxy Tab 2 to your PC via it’s default USB cable.
7. Check ID:COM box in Odin turns to colored shade (usually yellow) and a message“Added” appeared in message box of Odin, indicates that your Galaxy Tab 2 is perfectly detected by Odin.
8. Now in Odin fill below tabs with their corresponded files types, you can browse them from the firmware’s extracted folder.
- PDA- Select .tar file here with *code* appearing in its name
- Phone- Select file with *modem* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- CSC- Select file with *csc* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- PIT- Select the .pit file here (leave if there is no such file)
Note:- If you filled up the PIT tab with such a file as .pit then you should also have to check “Re- partition” box.
9. Now after all above settle down clearly, just click on “Start” to begin the flashing process
10. Wait, until the flashing process get finished. Your tablet will automatically reboot and a “PASS”message will appear in message box of Odin, when flashing will complete.
Note:- If your device get stuck between the process or failed to reboot to the new ROM, then just pull out the device battery and reinsert it, and task the whole procedure again.
Now when the tablet will restart, and soon you see the Samsung logo then just disconnect the device from the computer. After the full access in new firmware check in- Settings >> About tablet to verify the new firmware version.
Congratulation! You can now successfully updated your [easyazon-link asin="B008HTCENC"]Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3100[/easyazon-link] with Official ZSBHL3 Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware.
Thanks to bestandroidtips