Hey friends! As you all know the new upcoming generation of android, known as Jellybean (Android 4.1) will come soon. Developers are working on it for a lot to make it more better than the older ones. In this manner some Beta version are also be created and leaked by the developers, so users can know more about it. And that’s why they have recently leaked a beta state version of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 running on Cyanogen Mod 9.
Yes, this is an exciting news for Galaxy S3 users. And so today we also prepare a guide for them to update their Samsung Galaxy S3 with this new Beta state Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware. One more thing you may also know, that this is an custom firmware, so you have to make your Galaxy S3 rooted. Now let’s head to check some feature that comes with it and also those that doesn’t come. See both of them below-
- Upcoming Jellybean base
- Hardware Acceleration
- Notification LED
- Cellular Rado (But No Audio so no Calls)
- Physical Buttons
- Maybe More
- Maybe more
Done? Ok! let’s proceed to Updating guide. Same to others this will also have quick description, most considerable things with the tutorial, so we recommends you to take a look on them also, for your efficiency.
Quick Description About the Update
- Update to Firmware – Android 4.1 Jellybean (Beta state)
- Firmware’s status- Custom/ Not officially released by Samsung
- Just for the Handset- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 (Network Unlocked)
Most considering things about the update
(a) This update is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT- I9300 devices, running on Cyanogen Mod 9.
(b) This Update needs rooting access in your Samsung Galaxy S3.
Be aware – Rooting and flashing custom ROMs will void your warranty. To get the warranty claim back, you have to just revoke all of these process with default.
Recommend- Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of rooting and custom ROMs.
Now the updating tutorial to ready to begin, just follow below tutorial step by step and carefully to task an efficient update.
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Tutorial to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1 Jellybean (beta) Custom ROM Firmware
Step . First download this required file
- Android 4.1 Jellybean update package. [Download it here]
Step . Prepare your phone (pre-requisites)
Recommend- Use our brief and more efficient guide on preparing any android phone before an update, by following the below link-
(A) Make backup of all your important data such as SD card, SMS, Contacts, Call logs and APN and MMS settings, to avoid the risk of losing data cause of sudden error during the process. Use the below recommend link-
Note: Don’t use the KIES for backup, cause these kind of backup is usually not detectable by custom ROMs.
(B) Check your Samsung Galaxy S3-
- will not be network locked
- will presently running on Cyanogen Mod 9
(C) Ensure, your Samsung Galaxy S3 is rooted with custom recovery installed, otherwise root it first according to it’s current official firmware base. Use below recommended links or your web browser to find it.
(D) Must enable the USB debugging mode by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
(E) Charge your Samsung Galaxy S3 at least 70%.
Step . Follow below procedure to flash the Jellybean in your device
1. First copy the downloaded Jellybean update package (Zip) in root of your phone’s SD card.
Note:- Don’t place the files in deep of your SD card, it will hard to detect.
2. Switch off your Samsung Galaxy S3.
3. Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S3 in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume Up” + “Home” and then power on your Samsung Galaxy S3.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
4. In recovery mode make a backup of your phone’s system to get the previous firmware back anytime whenever you need it. You can make the firmware’s backup by “backup and restore” option.
5. After creating backup, come back to the main recovery menu and wipe out the cache by- select “wipe data/ factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition” and then confirm to wipe the cache partition.
6. Again come back to the main recovery menu and select “install zip from sd card”>> “choose zip from sd card”.
7. Now browse and select the Jellybean update packaged files (zip) that we copied earlier and then confirm it to flash.
8. Wait until the flashing process will complete, it will take about 5-7 minutes.
9. After finish come back to the main recovery menu by choosing “Go Back”.
10. Now just reboot the phone by choosing the option “reboot system now” from the main recovery menu.
Congratulation! You have successfully update your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with Android 4.1 Jellybean (Beta) Custom Firmware.
For more queries about the update just resolve them at XDA Developers
Thanks to AndroidAdvices