After Android 4.1.1, a second edition of jellybean as Android 4.1.2 has now launched for our Galaxy Note N700. This official jellybean edition have the build code as XXLSA and available only by SamMobiles. Yes it is not officially release via KIES or announced by Samsung but a leaked official test firmware.You can install it with the help of Odin, the Samsung flashing tool. More details about the update are listed below.
Details about Android 4.1.2 XXLSA firmware update
- Android Version- 4.1.2 – JZO54K (Jelly Bean)
- MODEM- N7000XXLSA
- Change list- 549786
- Build Date- 20th November 2012
- Region- Europe
- Country- Germany
- Update Status- Leaked official test firmware
- Just for (Compatible device)- Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Features of Official Jellybean 4.1.2 XXLSA firmware
- Android 4.1.2 – Build JZO54K
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Multi-View (Multi Windows Multitasking, same as in Note II)
- Multi-View can also be disabled
- Page Buddy
- Notification Panel can now be customized
- New Additions in Notification Panel
- Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- Samsung’s Cloud services
- Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play Features
- New Widgets From the Galaxy S III
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notifications bar
- Google Now
- Now I know you all galaxy note users are excited to install this firmware. Hence today we guide you the easy tutorial to flash this official jellybean firmware in your Galaxy Note. Follow below tutorial in step by step manner and carefully to avoid errors and damages.
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Update Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to Official Android 4.1.2 Jellybean XXLSA manually by Odin [Tutorial]
Step . Download these required tools and files below
- Odin3 v1.83 [Get Odin here]
- Stock XXLSA firmware package- “N7000XXLSA_N7000OXALSA_DBT.zip | 1075.6 MB” [Get it here]
- If you not have the USB drivers for your device then you can download them here or by below alternative links-
- 32 bit (x86) Windows | 64-bit (x64) Windows
Step . Prepare your phone and PC (pre-requisites)
Recommend link- Preparing your Android Phone Before Upgrading Firmware
Make backup of all your important data- How to backup your Android phone before upgrading firmware
- Must enable the USB debugging mode in your Galaxy Note by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as antivirus from both PC and device, to avoid interruption during the process.
- Charge your Samsung Galaxy Note at least 70%.
- Ensure your Samsung Galaxy Note have the modal no. N7000. If it is not have this modal no. then don’t ever try to upgrade it via this method.
You can check the phone’s modal no. by- Follow Settings>> About Phone in your phone.
Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 4.1.2 XXLSA update for Galaxy Note N7000, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update .
Step . Follow below procedure to flash the XXLSA firmware via Odin
1. First extract both the downloaded packages separately in desire folders of your PC.
2. Launch Odin3 v1.83.exe from Odin extracted folder.
3. Check that “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset time” boxes are ticked and “Re-partition” box is unchecked. Now keep Odin opened in your PC.
4. Switch off your Galaxy Note.
5. Reboot Galaxy Note in download mode by- press and hold “Volume down” + “Home” buttons and then power on your Galaxy Note. Next you will see the Samsung logo or the construction Android robot and a triangle, indicates your note download mode.
6. Now connect your Note to your PC via USB cable.
7. Check ID:COM box in Odin turns to yellow shaded and a message“Added” appeared in message box of Odin, indicates that your Galaxy Note is perfectly detected by Odin.
8. Now in Odin fill the below tabs with their corresponded files, from the folder where you extracted the stock XXLSA firmware before.
9. Now just click on “Start” to begin the flashing process.
10. Wait approx 3-5 minutes until the flashing process get finished. Your phone will automatically reboot and a “PASS”message will appear in message box of Odin, when flashing will complete.
Note:- If your device get stuck between the process or failed to reboot to the new ROM, then just pull out the phone’s battery and reinsert it, and task the whole procedure again.
Now when the phone will restart, and as soon as you see the language setting option, just then you can disconnect the device from the computer.
Done very well!
Great! You can now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Note -N7000 with Official Android 4.1.2 Jellybean XXLSA Firmware.
Thanks to teamandroid