New mask of Android is now become the most headed topic among android lovers. According to Google IO, this new android 4.1 Jelly Bean will release in July. But they also decided to give it to Galaxy Nexus much later. Yes the official OTA release of Jelly Bean can be available for Galaxy nexus, approx in mid-July.
So a custom method is recently found to update Galaxy Nexus with this new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. And today we are going to guide you that easy method to update Nexus with Jelly Bean. Let’s proceed and take a look on the short description about the update, and confirm your eligibility to task this update.
Short description about the Update
Firmware (Installing)- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Firmware status- Custom/ not yet released officially via OTA
Device (Galaxy Nexus) should have- unlock bootloader, root access and CWM recovery installed
Recommend- Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of unlocking bootloader, rooting, custom ROMs.
Now if you are finish and decided to task the update now then just follow the below tutorial, step by step and also carefully.
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Tutorial to Update Galaxy Nexus with Custom Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Step . Download these required files
Step . Prepare your phone (pre-requisites)
You can also use our brief and more efficient guide on preparing the phone before an update, by follow the below link-
(A) Make backup of all your important data such as SD card, SMS, Contacts, Call logs and APN and MMS settings, to avoid the risk of losing data cause of sudden error during the process. Use the below recommend link-
Note: Don’t use the pc suite for backup, cause these kind of backup is usually not detectable by custom ROMs.
(B) As we say already you must ensure that your phone is bootloader unlocked, rooted and CWM recovery installed, otherwise task them first before proceeding further. Use your web links or search engines to find out these methods.
(C) Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as antivirus, to avoid interruption during the process.
(D) Must enable the USB debugging mode by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
(E) Charge your Galaxy Nexus at least 70%
Note:- Install the latest Galaxy Nexus drivers in your PC compatible to your device.
Step . Follow the below procedure to flash Jelly Bean
1. Copy the downloaded files in root of your phone’s SD card.
Note:- Don’t place the files in deep of your SD card, it will hard to detect.
2. Switch off the phone, your Galaxy Nexus.
3. Boot your Galaxy Nexus in CWM recovery by- press and hold “Volume Up” + “Volume Down” + “Power” buttons just simultaneously uuntil the screen gets ON.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery or bootloader mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
4. In the front screen select the option “Restart Recovery”.
5. After that your phone will reboot in CWM recovery. Here first make a backup to get the previous firmware base back anytime. You can make the firmware’s backup by “backup and restore” option.
6. After creating backup, wipe out the cache by- select “wipe data/ factory reset” and then confirm to wipe the data.
7. Now from recovery main menu, select “install zip from sdcard”>> “choose zip from sdcard”.
8. Now browse and select the packaged firmware file named as “bigxie_JRN84D_rooted_busybox_deodexed.zip” and then confirm it to flash.
9. Wait until the flashing process will complete.
10. After finish of flashing come back to the main recovery menu and select “install zip from sdcard”>> “choose zip from sdcard”.
11. Now browse and select the superuser file named as “cwm supersu.zip” and then confirm it to flash.
12. Same as above, wait until the flashing process will finished.
13. After it will finish, just reboot the phone by choosing the option “reboot system now” from the main recovery menu.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Galaxy Nexus to Custom Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Thanks to android.gs