Awaiting the official jelly bean a new unofficial update of jelly bean is recently leaked for Galaxy Nexus S 4G. But according to the latest news, the official release will come soon. Till then experience the custom Android 4.1 Jelly bean in your Nexus S 4G. This custom update of jelly bean comes along with several features, also with some missing features. Check out the list of features that comes and missing in this update.
Features comes along with Custom Jelly bean for Nexus S 4G
- Integrated Root
- It boots
- Soft keys
- Project Butter
- USB Debugging
Features that missing in Custom Jelly bean for Nexus S 4G
- 3G/Any Connection
- Ambient Light Sensor
As of custom firmware minor bugs are usually exist, and so custom updates are not much popular. But advance and some of creative users are enjoying to task these kind of updates. So also check out the step by step tutorial below with some important info about the update if you desiring to apply this update.
Quick Description About the Update
- Update to Firmware – Android 4.1 Jelly bean Custom firmware
- Firmware’s status- Custom/ Not officially released
- Just for the Handset- Galaxy Nexus S 4G (running on CyanogenMod firmware)
- Update needs- rooting access, custom recovery installed in your Galaxy Nexus S 4G
Be aware- Rooting and installing custom firmware in any android device will void the device warranty. To get the warranty claim back, you have to just revoke these process with the default configuration of your phone.
Recommend- Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of rooting and custom ROMs.
Now let’s head to the updating tutorial, just follow below tutorial step by step and carefully to task an efficient update.
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Tutorial to Update Galaxy Nexus S 4G with Custom Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step . Download the required file below
Step . Fill the below pre-requisites (Required terms and tools for this update)
Recommend link- Preparing your Android Phone Before Upgrading Firmware
(A) Make backup of all your important data by- How to backup your Android phone before upgrading firmware
Note: Don’t use pc suite for backup, cause these kind of backup is usually not detectable by custom ROMs.
(B) Ensure that your Galaxy Nexus S 4G is rooted and have custom recovery installed. Use below recommended link or your web browser to find the desirer one.
Tip:- Use “4 Ways to Identify if your Android Phone is Rooted” guide on androidflip to check your phone is rooted or not.
(C) Disable all kind of security suites in your device to avoid interruption.
(D) Must enable the USB debugging mode by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
(E) Charge your Galaxy Nexus S 4G at least 70%.
Step . Follow below procedure to flash Jelly bean on Galaxy Nexus S 4G
1. First copy the downloaded Jelly bean firmware package (Zip) in root of your phone’s SD card.
Note:- Don’t place the files in deep of your SD card, it will hard to detect.
2. Switch off your Nexus.
3. Reboot your Nexus in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume Down” and then press the power button to switch on the phone in recovery.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
4. In recovery mode, first make a backup of your phone’s system to get the previous firmware back anytime when you need it. You can make the firmware’s backup by “backup and restore” option.
5. After creating backup, come back to the main recovery menu and wipe out the cache by- select “wipe data/ factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition” and then confirm to wipe the cache partition.
6. Now again come back to the main recovery menu and flash the firmware by -select “install zip from sd card”>> “choose zip from sd card”.
7. Now browse and select the Jelly Bean 4.1 firmware package (.Zip) that we copied earlier in root of SD card. Next, confirm it to flash.
8. Wait until the flashing process will complete, it will take about 7-10 minutes.
9. After finish of flashing come to the main recovery menu, so choose “Go Back”.
10. Now just reboot the phone by choosing the option “reboot system now”.
Note:- If your device get stuck between the process or failed to reboot to the new custom ROM, then just pull out the phone’s battery and reinsert it, and task the whole procedure again.
You have successfully updated your Galaxy Nexus S 4G with Custom Android 4.1 Jelly bean firmware.
For more queries, heads to XDA Developers
Thanks to AndroidAdvices