Another miss from the earlier days about our Galaxy nexus. There is a jelly bean 4.1.1 update is also been leaked in recent days for our Galaxy nexus. It is Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update after the previous one also the latest release just for the GSM version of Galaxy nexus I9250. It have the build code as JRO03C. One more considerable thing is that it also have not any ETA and not globally release for all devices.
So if you are interested this update then just continue this guide to check out an easy tutorial on how you can update your Galaxy nexus I9250 with this latest jelly bean update known as JRO03C. A quick intro is also shown just before the tutorial to let you perfectly able to apply this update, check it also for your well.
Quick Intro About the Update and Firmware
- Firmware version- Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- Firmware’s Build code (Known as)- JRO03C
- Update Status- Not Officially released via Samsung
- Just for (Compatible device)- Galaxy Nexus I9250 GSM Version (*not for the devices which are locked on to the Verizon powered Nexus device)
- Required term- Galaxy Nexus should be bootloader unlocked
Next come to the tutorial below. Follow below tutorial step by step and carefully to enjoy sweet jelly beans without any error*.
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 to JRO03C Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean [Tutorial]
Step . Download some required files below
- Stock JRO03C Jelly bean 4.1.1 firmware package for Galaxy Nexus. [Get it here]
Step . Prepare your phone and PC (pre-requisites)
Recommend link for this step- Preparing your Android Phone Before Upgrading Firmware
Note:- Don’t use pc suite for backup cause it won’t be working.
- Must enable the USB debugging mode in your Galaxy Nexus by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Ensure that your Galaxy Nexus should have Bootloader unlocked and TWRP installed as Custom recovery. Use below link to unlock bootloader in your Galaxy Nexus.
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as antivirus from both PC and device, to avoid interruption during the process.
- Charge your Galaxy nexus at least 70%.
- Ensure your Galaxy nexus have the modal no. as I9250 and also the GSM version. If it is not then don’t ever try this update on your device.
You can check the phone’s modal no. by- Follow Settings>> About Phone in your phone.
Step . Follow below procedure to flash JRO03C Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware on Galaxy Nexus I9250
1. First copy the downloaded stock JRO03C jelly bean 4.1.1 firmware package (Zip) in root of your phone’s SD card.
Note:- Don’t place the files in deep of your SD card, it will hard to detect.
2. Switch off your Galaxy Nexus.
3. Reboot your Galaxy Nexus in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume Up” + “Volume Down” and then press the power button to switch on the phone in recovery mode.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
4. In recovery mode, first make a backup of your phone’s system to get the previous firmware back anytime when you need it. You can make the firmware’s backup by “backup and restore” option.
5. After creating backup, come back to the main recovery menu and wipe out the cache by- select “wipe data/ factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition” and then confirm to wipe the cache partition.
6. Now again come back to the main recovery menu and flash the firmware by -select “install zip from sd card”>> “choose zip from sd card”.
7. Now browse and select the Jelly Bean firmware package(Zip) that we copied earlier in root of SD card. Next, confirm it to flash.
8. Wait until the flashing process will complete, it will take about 5-7 minutes.
9. After finish of flashing come to the main recovery menu, so choose “Go Back”.
10. Now just reboot the phone by choosing the option “reboot system now”.
Note:- If your device get stuck between the process or on the startup Google logo or failed to reboot to the new custom ROM, then just pull out the phone’s battery and reinsert it, and task the whole procedure again.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Galaxy Nexus I9250 GSM version to JRO03C Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM Firmware.
For more queries heads over to XDA develpers
Thanks to Commenti