Another jellybean update from CynogenMod has recently landed for Galaxy Nexus I9250. This custom update of Android 4.2.1 jellybean released by Modaco (CynogenMod team member). This new update of jellybean have many exciting features and bug fixes. As a CynogenMod build it could be a stable version, so try it and give us your opinions. Now let’s apply this custom ROM in our Galaxy Nexus I9250.
Check more about the firmware and update below
Be aware- Rooting and installing custom firmware in any android device will void the device warranty. To get the warranty claim back, you have to revoke these process with the default configuration of your device.
Recommend- Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of rooting and custom ROMs.
Now we are ready to perform the upcoming tutorial. Follow the tutorial step by step and carefully.
Disclaimer:- Cause of using this article if you face any kind of error or damage to your device then we are not responsible, do anything only at your own risk.
Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 with Android 4.2.1 Jellybean Custom ROM Firmware [Tutorial]
Step . Download some required firmware files below
- Stock Android 4.2.1 jellybean Custom ROM firmware package.[Download it here]
Step . Prepare your phone (pre-requisites)
Recommend link for this step- Preparing your Android Device Before Upgrading Firmware
- Make backup of all important data- How to backup your Android Device before upgrading firmware
Note:- Don’t use KIES or any ROM manager for backup cause it won’t be working for custom ROMs.
- Must enable the USB debugging mode in your Galaxy nexus by following path- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Ensure that your Galaxy nexus should be rooted and custom recovery installed.
Tip:- Use “4 Ways to Identify if your Android Device is Rooted” guide on androidflip to check your Device is rooted or not.
- Charge your Galaxy nexus at least 70%.
- Ensure your android device is only Galaxy nexus I9250 international version also network unlocked, if you have not the right circumstances or device then don’t ever try this update on any other device.
You can check about your phone in detail by – Follow Settings>> About Phone in your phone.
Step . Follow below procedure to flash Android 4.2.1 jellybean custom firmware on Galaxy nexus
1. First copy downloaded Android 4.2.1 jellybean custom firmware package (Zip) in root of your phone’s SD card.
Note:- Don’t place the files in deep of your SD card, it will hard to detect.
2. Then switch off your Galaxy nexus.
3. After that reboot your Galaxy nexus in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume UP” + “Volume DOWN” button and then switch ON your phone to reboot it in recovery mode.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
4. In recovery mode first wipe out the cache partition by- “Wipe data/factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition”.
5. After clearing the cache come back to main recovery menu by “Go back”.
6. Now flash the firmware by- Select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from sd card”.
7. Next browse and select the copied “Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware Package” (Zip) and confirm it to flash.
8. Wait until the flashing process will complete, it will take about 5-7 minutes and then a message “install from sd card completed” will appear on the screen.
9. After finish of flashing come to the main recovery menu, by choosing “go back” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot in new firmware.
Note:- If your device get stuck between the process or failed to reboot to the new custom ROM, then just pull out the phone’s battery and reinsert it, and task the whole procedure again.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Galaxy nexus I9250 with Android 4.2.1 Jellybean custom firmware.