Its time to get some new for your Samsung Galaxy Note. Yes, my friends after a long time, Galaxy Note users can also enjoy the new Android 4.0.3 ICS. This update of Android ICS for Galaxy Note is recently leaked by AT & T. And today we are telling you the simple tutorial to apply this update for your Samsung Galaxy Note.
The new ICS ROM is very much better than the older Gingerbread and with great features that attracts you to update it. So let’s have take a look on the bright features of this ICS ROM for Galaxy Note.
Features of Android 4.0.3 ICS :
- Better User interface with better speed
- Task Manager works smooth and fast transitions
- Unlock Face is fully functional
- GPS fully functional
- Google Talk and Video Chat work
- Chrome autosync is fully functional
- LTE connections work perfectly
- Calls work perfectly both to perform and to receive
- Good quality audio
- Stereo Bluetooth is fully functional
- fully functional MMS
- Fully functional Google Voice
- The downloaded Flash videos and video within the browser works perfectly
- AT&T Hotspot works and external devices are connected well
- New widgets include Month Calendar, Mini Task, Task Three Day, Mini Today, Calendar, Task and Mini Agenda
- There is a new widget from Samsung Memo
- Samsung Calendar is Planner now
Now after looking up all the interesting features above, I am sure you decided to update this ROM as early as you can. But before applying this update let’s check again that you are not on the wrong way.
About the Update :
- Firmware Update – Android 4.0.3 (ICS) UCL5 ROM
- Just for – Samsung Galaxy Note- I717
- Leaked by - AT & T
Note: Rooting is not required for update this firmware and if your phone is rooted earlier than this update will revoke your root access.
So let’s start the updating task. Check the prerequisites and fill them first.
(1). Prepare your phone
- To prevent the risk of data loss cause of any sudden mistake or error make a backup of all your important data such as- SD card, SMS, Contacts, APN and MMS settings.
Recommended way to backup some main data such as-
SMS – Use SMS Backup & Restore
Contacts – Sync to Gmail application
Pictures, songs, videos and files – Copy to SD card
To note the APN and MMS settings from Applications -> Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile networks -> APN
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as- KIES, antivirus to avoid interruption during the process.
- Make sure that your battery is charged at least 70%
- Must enable the USB debugging mode by following- Settings>> Applications>> Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Install USB drivers for your phone on pc
See complete guide of preparing your phone here
And finally the most one download the Android 4.0.3 ICS firmware and save it in your PC.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any kind of damage or error to your phone while applying this update, so do at your own risk.
Let’s proceed to next step in which we flash the firmware.
(2). Procedure to flash firmware
Step 1. First extract the package that you downloaded earlier in your PC.
Step 2. Now launch the executable Odin in your PC.
Step 3. Reboot your Galaxy Note in download mode by- switch off the phone first and then press and hold “Volume down” + “Home” + “power button” simultaneously until a green robot icon will shown.
Step 4. After entering in download mode connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
Step 5. Now come to the open Odin and check the section ID:COM in yellow shade that indicates that your device is perfectly detected by the Odin.
Step 6. Click the “Start” button to begin the flashing/ Updating process.
Step 7. Wait for finishing the updating process. The device will automatically reboot after the end of flashing process.
Step 8. Now you can disconnect the USB cable.
(3). Wipe Cache
- Switch off your device and boot it into recovery mode, press and hold “Volume Up” + “Home” + “power button” simultaneously while phone is off. Don’t release keys until you entered in recovery mode.
- In the main menu of recovery mode choose the option “Wipe data/factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Now again back to the main menu of recovery mode and restart the device by choosing the option “Reboot system now”.
That’s all. You have successfully update your Samsung Galaxy Note to Android 4.0.3 ICS.
Note: If in any case the update process become failed then just apply the process again in same manner or contact us via email or comments.
Enjoy and Have Fun