Well Asus transformer owners! a new update from developers field is recently leaked, that’s the ICS AOKP build 40 firmware update. This new custom firmware is based on Android 4.0 ICS and have come with many interesting and customizing features, which let you rock. Often AOKP build are also popular in android world.
So if you interested in updating your Asus transformer Prime TF 201 with this new AOKP build 4.0, then we covered it’s easy updating guide along this article. Catch the tutorial with a quick description and some considering things just below, check them seriously!
Quick Description About the Update
- Update to Firmware – AOKP build 40 Custom ROM (Based on Android 4.0 ICS)
- Firmware’s status- Custom/ Not officially released from Asus
- Just for the Handset- Asus Transformer Prime TF 201
Most considering things about the update
This Update needs- rooting access and custom recovery installed in your Asus Transformer Prime TF.
Be aware- Rooting and flashing custom ROMs will void your warranty. To get the warranty claim back, you have to just revoke all of these process with default.
Recommends- Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of rooting and custom ROMs.
Now you are ready to head to the update, just follow below tutorial step by step and carefully to task an efficient update.
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Tutorial to Update Asus Transformer with ICS AOKP Build 40 Custom ROM Firmware
Step . First download this required file
Step . Prepare your phone (pre-requisites)
Recommend link- Preparing your Android Phone Before Upgrading Firmware
(A) Make backup of all your important data by- How to backup your Android phone before upgrading firmware
Note: Don’t use Asus pc suite for backup, cause these kind of backup is usually not detectable by custom ROMs.
(B) Ensure that your Asus Transformer Prime TF 201 is rooted and have custom recovery installed, otherwise root it first. Use below recommended links or your web browser to find it.
Tip:- Use “4 Ways to Identify if your Android Phone is Rooted” guide on androidflip to check your phone is rooted or not.
(C) Disable all kind of security suites in your device to avoid interruption.
(D) Must enable the USB debugging mode by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
(E) Charge your Asus Transformer Prime TF 201 at least 70%.
Step . Follow below procedure to flash ICS AOKP build 40 Custom ROM
1. First copy the downloaded ICS AOKP build 40 firmware package (Zip) in root of your device memory.
Note:- Don’t place the files in deep of your device memory, it will hard to detect.
2. Switch off your Asus Transformer prime.
3. Reboot your transformer prime in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume Down” and then power on your prime, until you see a message “Press Volume Up to enter RCK (5s)”.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery or bootloader mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
4. In recovery mode, main recovery menu select “install zip from sd card”>> “choose zip from sd card”.
5. Now browse and select the ICS AOKP build 40 firmware packaged file (.Zip) that we copied earlier and then confirm it to flash.
Note:- For flashing Google apps just follow the same as above.
6. Wait until the flashing process will complete, it will take about 5-7 minutes.
7. After finish come to the main recovery menu by choosing “++++ Go Back ++++”.
8. Now just reboot the prime by choosing the option “reboot system now” from the main recovery menu.
Note:- If your device get stuck between the process or failed to reboot to the new custom ROM, then just pull out the device battery and reinsert it, and task the whole procedure again.
Nicely done! You have successfully update you Asus Transformer Prime TF 201 with the new ICS AOKP build 40 custom ROM firmware.
Thanks to AndroidAdvices