Experiencing new custom ROM, firmwares, rooting access and such other custom modification usually needs bootloader unlock in many of Android devices. In earlier days we had also covered some bootloader unlock guides such as unlock bootloader of Xperia Sola and so today we covering a another guide on this topic, yes it is for your Galaxy Nexus I9250 the global version.
So users which are interested or need to unlock their Nexus bootloader can now try our easy guide today to unlock their nexus I9250 bootloader. Unlocking tutorial is in quite step by step manner written just below, use it also sequentially to minimize the crashing risks. But first check out some important info about the update first.
Important things about the update
- Moto of the Update- To Unlock bootloader
- Just for (Compatible device)- Galaxy Nexus I9250 Global version
- Be aware- Unlocking bootloader will void your device warranty. To get back the warranty claim back you have to relock the bootloader by any mean.
- Recommend- Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of unlocking bootloader, rooting, custom ROMs.
- Caution- This unlock bootloader tutorial hardly not permitted for network locked Nexus devices, so don’t ever try this update on your network locked nexus devices.
Disclaimer: We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Now let’s head to the tutorial. Be ready and task every step carefully.
Tutorial to Unlock the Bootloader of Galaxy Nexus I9250
Step 1.Fill up these below terms
- Setup the SDK (Software development kit) in your PC by this following link.
- Download the fastboot.exe from here
Step 2. Prepare your phone and PC (pre-requisites)
Considering all terms you can also use our brief and more efficient guide on preparing the phone before an update, by following the below link-
(a). Make backup of all your important data by-
Note: Don’t use the pc suite for backup, cause these kind of backup is usually not detectable for further ROMs.
(b). Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as antivirus, to avoid interruption during the process.
(c). Must enable the USB debugging mode by following- Settings>>Applications>>Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
(d). Charge your Galaxy nexus at least 70%
Note: Install the latest Samsung USB drivers in your PC compatible to your device
Step 3. Procedure to unlock the bootloader of Galaxy Nexus I9250`
1. After setting down the SDK, copy the downloaded fastboot.exe file in “SDK/tools” (platform-tools) folder of your PC, yes it is the same SDK folder achieved after setting down the SDK.
2. Now connect your Nexus to the PC using its default USB cable.
3. Now open Run window in your PC by pressing “Window button + R”.
4. In Run window type cmd and then hit Enter to launch command prompt window.
5. Now enter the below command in command prompt.
6. This command will show you a list of connected devices with serial numbers. Select the device you want to unlock. If you cant see a device, you will need to repeat the procedure of installing SDK on your computer.
7. Now enter the below command so you can reboot your Nexus in bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
Note:- After enter in boot loader mode, if in the command prompt you find an error says “waiting for device” then you will have to follow in your PC- Go to Device Manager >> Right Click on Android 1.0 >> Update Driver >> Browse My computer >> Let Me pick from the list >> select the newest Samsung driver available. You can download the driver from the air, just ensure that your data connection must be enable.
8. After entering in bootloader mode, enter the below command in command prompt to get the option “Unlocking the device” in bootloader screen .
fastboot oem unlock
9. Now, on your phone’s screen, you will see a note about unlock boot loader, you need to select “Yes” option with the help of volume button and press Power button to confirm.
Note:- In case, you waiting for the device error, pullout the phone and restart it manually.
10. After some time you will get the message as “UNLOCKED” in orange shade on your phone’s screen, confirming that your device is successfully bootloader unlocked. Another message in your command prompt is also shown.
- Will I Still Get an Official Update after Unlocking Boot loader?
Yes, you will continue to receive the latest updates released by Google as you are not installing any custom ROM firmware or say beta firmwares by unlocking the boot loader.
Congratulations! you have successfully unlocked the Bootloader of your Galaxy Nexus I9250.