Hi friends , recently we have updated our Sony ericsson xperia x10 to official android 2.3.3 Gingerbread . Here is another good news for you , Team XDA got success to obtain root access for Xperia x10 running on stock 2.3.3 firmware . So now we can root our tasty gingerbread.
if you are wondering about rooting what is it ? why to root ? and what are benefits ? please read the following article and decide to root your device .
I think above article is enough to understand what is rooting and why we need it , if you are ready to root your x10 then follow steps carefully. but be careful before rooting
It will void your phone’s warranty
- This Guide is only for Xperia X10 running with stock 2.3.3 gingerbread , you can check version by going to Settings>about phone
- This Guide is different from old guides , sometime you need to take actions immediately so please read it once you will apply this method.
- This method will not wipe your existing data
Disclaimer: Follow this guide on your risk, during this process if your device damaged or bricked then androidflip.com is not responsible
Required Things To Root :
- Download Flash tool package.
- Install SEUS or PC Companion on your pc in order to install phone drivers on windows
Instructions to Root Xperia X10 running on Stock 2.3.3 Gingerbread
- First make activate the Unknown source by Going Menu>Settings>Applications>Unknown source
- Now enable the USB debugging by Menu>Settings>applications>Development> USB debugging and also enable Stay awake
- Now switch off the phone
- Extract Download flash tool pack “FlashTool_0.2.9.1.zip”
- Open this folder and run “X10FlashTool.exe” file by double clicking on it. After running it you will see this window
- Follow the instruction shown by FlashTool windows
[ 1. unplug the device
2. power off the device
3. press back button and hold it
4. plug usb cable to pc ]
- If all is done FlashTool will start flashing process , when its done you will see “Flashing finished.” message in FlashTool window . it will also ask you to unplug device and enable Usb debugging, unknown sources. (don’t close FlashTool)
- Now remove USB cable and switch on your phone and just after a vibration alert ,immediately connect the USB cable again .
- Wait till the Root button becomes visible in FlashTool ,when it appears immediately hit the Root button.
- It will start rooting process, when it done you will see “Root should be available after reboot” message in FlashTool
- Before your phone automatically boots , remove the battery
- Now wait for 5 seconds and insert the battery
- Now come back to FlashTool , click on Flash button and select aZuZu – Kernel UpGrade from the list
- Hit OK , Follow all messages prompted by FlashTool
- If all will done well you will see “Flashing finished.” message, now you can disconnect phone by ejecting the USB cable.
- Switch ON your phone, now you have a rooted Xperia X10.
- In some cases usb debugging and unknown sources options automatically becomes disable ,so you have to repeat Step 1,2
- You can also download X10_aZuZu_Kernel_Downgrade_Generic.ftf and X10_aZuZu_Kernel_Upgrade_Generic.ftf files separately, and copy them to FlashTool > Firmwares folder
Enjoy root permissions on Xperia X10 running stock 2.3.3 gingerbread ROM, if you faced any problem feel free to ask via comments below