Rooting xperia devices is now very easy with Easy Rooting Toolkit , this kit is made by xda forum member doomlord and Revolutionary Team.
It is very easy rooting method for xperia devices yet , it works both for locked boot loaders and unlocked boot loaders xperia phones.
Process is very simple , just download rooting toolkit and run a file , connect your phone and let it finish its job.
This script will:
- Root your device using latest zergRush exploit (16 Nov)
- install Busybox (1.18.4)
- install SU files (binary: 3.0.3 and apk: 3.0.6)
Download Xperia 2011 Easy Rooting Toolkit
Note: This method is not working for 4.0.2.A.0.62 firmware
Before rooting your Xperia phone make sure you have :
- installed adb drivers for ur device, download from here
- enable "UNKNOWN SOURCES"from (Menu>Settings>Applications)
- enable "USB DEBUGGING" from (Menu>Settings>Applications>Development
- [OPTIONAL] increase screen timeout to 10 minutes
- connect USB cable to PHONE and then connect to PC
- skip "PC Companion Software" prompt on device
How to Root Xperia phone with easy rooting toolkit
- First Extract rooting kit to desktop Or any safe place
- Run “runme.bat” by double clicking on it
- After running it you will see a command prompt like this
- Now connect your phone to pc and skip pc companion prompt on device
- After successful connection , Press any key to start rooting process .
It will take few seconds to root your phone. During this process don’t close command prompt or don’t disconnect your phone
- When rooting process will complete it will automatically reboot your phone , and you will see “ALL DONE!!” message. Now you can press any key to close it
Congratulations you have successfully rooted your xperia phone , now you can enjoy your phone’s full potential.
Don’t forget to read this post : benefits of rooting android phone