Few days ago we publish a post about upgrading the Samsung Galaxy S2 with official Android 4.0.3 ICS XWLPD firmware. In that update we experience that the rooting access will revoked after applying the update. As we know that rotting is now become the essential part of our androids cause of it is also an essential requirements to run some special android apps and custom ROMs.
User who wants rooting access again in their Galaxy S2 follow this complete step by step tutorial to root your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 running on XWLPD firmware base. This particular root method is recently leaked via the most popular XDA developer “Chainfire”.
This method of rooting gives root access includes the installation of CWM recovery and the full access to run custom ROMs and special apps so it will become more useful to you. So forwarding afterwards let’s check out some rooting info about the tutorial in short.
Short info about the rooting tutorial
- Task – To get rooting access and CWM recovery installation
- Compatible handset – Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
- Handset running with – Android 4.0.3 ICS XWLPD
Now if you are complete to checking out the info above and think that you are the compatible one apply this rooting method then be ready to task it.
Let’s head to the procedure to root Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 running on Android 4.0.3 ICS XWLPD. Just follow below steps sequentially to task a efficient root method:-
1. First check the important rooting effect on your phone
- Rooting the handset (Samsung Galaxy S2) will void it’s warranty claim.
- To gain warranty claim back then, you have to just reapplying the official update to your handset.
2. Download below required files first
- Download CF-Root Kernel from here.
- Download Windows drivers for the phone below, if you haven’t installed KIES.Links for: 32-bit (x86) windows | 64-bit (x64) windows
- Download Odin v1.85 from here.
3. Prepare your phone (satisfy the below pre-requisites)
- First make backup of all your important things related to your phone such as- memory card, SMS, Contacts, Call logs, APN and MMS settings etc..
How to backup your Android phone before upgrading firmware
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as- KIES, antivirus to avoid interruption during the process.
- Must enable the USB debugging mode by following- Settings>> Applications>> Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Ensure your Samsung Galaxy S2 is at least 70% charged.
4. Procedure to root Samsung galaxy S2 running on XWLPD
Step 1. First of all you have to extract the downloaded file of CF- root kernel in your PC, and get the below file-
Step 2. Launch the downloaded Odin3 in your PC and keep it opened. Also check in Odin’s left side under the options Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are ticked.
Step 3. Switch off your Galaxy S2. Reboot your Galaxy S2 in download mode by- press and hold “Volume down” + “Home” + “Power” simultaneously until a warning message is displayed. Use the below video for more help
Step 4. Connect your Galaxy S2 to your PC using USB cable. Now come to the opened Odin, and check ID:COM section turn yellow and in message boxes “ADDED” appears, that means your phone is successfully connected and ready for update.
Note: If ID:COM doesn’t turns to yellow then
(a) You need to install USB drivers for your phone on the PC
(b) You must go to Settings -> Wireless & Network -> USB Settings and make sure that the “Samsung KIES” is checked before connecting your phone to your computer
Step 5. Now click on PDA tab in Odin, and select the file you got after extracting zip file that is-
Step 6. Now Click on “START” Button, During this process do not disconnect the cable or turn off device, your phone will reboot when flashing is done.
Note: If Odin gets stuck in the middle of the installation process, you’ll need to do the following:
a) Disconnect the Galaxy S2 from the computer.
b) Close Odin.
c) Remove the Galaxy S2′s battery.
d) Re- insert the battery.
e) Reboot the phone in download mode again.
f) Resume the updating procedure from step 3.
Congratulation you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S2, now just plug out the USB cable and taste the rooted Galaxy S2 running on XWLPD.
That’s all. You have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 running on Android 4.0.3 ICS XWLPD. For more queries just heads over to XDA Developers
Thanks to TheAndroidSoul