In this tutorial we will see how to root our Samsung galaxy s2 with latest android 2.3.5 XXKI3 firmware.
Previously we updated our phone to android version 2.3.5 gingerbread, this firmware is named as version XXKI3. We are very satisfied with this firmware and our users also responding in favor to this version.
Now its time to root this firmware , if you are newbie in android field and don’t know much about rooting then please read this article before rooting your phone
This rooting guide is only for Samsung galaxy s2 running android 2.3.5 XXKI3 firmware (to check firmware go to settings>>about phone) , if you haven’t this firmware yet then first install it
Rooting will void your warranty , to regain warranty we will need to unroot our phone (don’t get panic unrooting is also as simple as rooting)
Rooting will not delete any data from your phone , in case you are very aware about your files then you can make a bakup
Required files and stuff
- CF root modified kernel for XXKI3 firmware – Mirrors | Multiupload link
- Download ODIN3-v1.85 from here [use only this version otherwise it can bring serious problems]
Instructions to Root Samsung galaxy s2 on android 2.3.5 XXKI3 Firmware
- Unzip CF Root kernel file and you will see a .tar file, it is possible that your pc shows .tar file as extractable archive but don’t extract it further. save this .tar file on safe place like desktop
- Unzip Odin too and you will see two files first is .exe and second .ini
- Right click on Odin3 v1.85.exe and run it as admin
- Check Auto Reboot , F.Reset Time and leave Re-partition unchecked.
- Now click on PDA button and select CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_KI3-v4.1-CWM4.tar
- After this, put your Samsung Galaxy S 2 in download mode.
- To do that Switch off your phone
- and press and hold volume down and middle key ,while holding both keys press power on key (don’t leave until it boots in download mode)
if your phone is unable to boot in download mode don’t proceed to next step ,please try again until it boot in download mode
- Once your phone is in download mode, you can connect your phone to the computer via USB.
- Just after connecting you will ID COM box in Odin will turn yellow and in message box ADDED appears
- Click on the Start button and wait for the kernel flashing process to complete.
- During this process don’t stop Odin and don’t turn off phone.
- Once the process is over, your phone will reboot automatically
How to remove yellow warning triangle
- Download Stock kernel of XXKI3 | Password: intratech@XDA
- Extract it by double clicking on it ,you will get .tar file
- Now flash this .tar file on your phone , flashing procedure is same as above. you have to use kernel .tar file instead of cf root .tar file
If you faced any problem feel free to ask it via leaving comments below. I hope you have enjoyed rooted android 2.3.5 xxki3 firmware on your Samsung galaxy s2, and don’t forget to share this guide with your friends
[CREDIT] : XDA forum