Recently, just few days ago we covered a guide to update Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9100 to Android 4.0.4 ICS XXLQ5. As you all know custom apps and ROMs are invented in daily basis and all of them need root access in android device. In this mean to make Samsung Galaxy S2 capable to use these kind of custom update we have to root our Samsung Galaxy S2.
Hence today we covering a guide to root your Samsung Galaxy S2, running on Android 4.0.4 ICS XXLQ5. Check this tutorial just after some considerable things, these are very important.
Most considering things about the Update
A) Moto of the Update- To root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT- I9100
B) Just for the firmware base- Android 4.0.4 ICS XXLQ5
C) Required terms- phone should be network unlocked
Be aware- Performing root on your device will void your device warranty, to get warranty back you have to just revoke the rooting process.
Recommend- Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of rooting.
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 Running on XXLQ5 Manu ally by Odin [Tutorial]
Step . Download some required files below
Step . Prepare your phone and PC (pre-requisites)
Recommend link- Preparing your Android Phone Before Upgrading Firmware
- Ensure your Samsung Galaxy S2 have the modal no. GT-I9100 and also be running on XXLQ5 ICS 4.0.4 firmware base. If it is not have this modal no. or firmware base as required then don’t be try to apply this rooting procedure.
You can check the phone’s modal no. and present running firmware version by- Follow Settings>> About Phone in your phone.
- Must enable the USB debugging mode in your Note by following- Settings>> Applications>> Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as antivirus in your PC and as well as in the phone, to avoid interruption during the process.
- Charge your Samsung Galaxy S2 at least 70%.
- Install latest Samsung drivers and USB drivers in your PC, compatible to your Galaxy S2.
- In your Galaxy S2 follow- Settings>> Wireless & Network>> USB Settings and ensure that Samsung KIES option is ticked.
Step . Follow below procedure to root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 running on XXLQ5 firmware via Odin
1. First extract the downloaded XXLQ5 ICS 4.0.4 rooting package in a desire folder of your PC.
2. Also extract Odin3 v3.04 package, and launch Odin tool by double clicking on Odin3 v3.04.exe.
3. Check that “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset time” boxes in Odin are ticked, also keep Odin opened in your PC.
4. Switch off your Galaxy S2.
5. Reboot Galaxy S2 in download mode by- press and hold “Volume down” + “Home” buttons and then power on your Galaxy S2, next you will see a green android robot showing “Downloading” message.
6. Now connect your Galaxy S2 to your PC via USB cable.
7. Check ID:COM box in Odin turns to coloured shade, indicates that your phone is perfectly detected by Odin.
8. Next in Odin fill the tab “PDA” by loading the below relevant file in it from XXLQ5 ICS 4.0.4 rooting package’s extracted folder.
PDA : CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEN_LQ5-v5.4-CWM5
9. Now just click on “Start” to begin the flashing process. Flashing process will take about 3-5 minutes.
10. Wait, until the flashing process get finished. Your phone will automatically reboot, when flashing will complete.
Note:- However, if Odin gets stuck or you get a “FAIL” message or your device get in boot loop mode, then just disconnect your phone from the PC, close the Odin window, remove and reinsert your phone’s battery, wipe the cache by the below procedure and start the procedure again from step 1.
Procedure to wipe cache by recovery
a) Switch on your Galaxy S2 in recovery mode by- press and hold “Volume Up” + “Home” and then press the power button simultaneously.
For primary users:- Take a look on the below key configuration, so you can easily work in recovery or bootloader mode.
To move up/down- Use Volume up/ Volume down button
To Choose an option- Use Home/ Power button
b) Follow from the recovery menu- “Wipe data/factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition” and then confirm to wipe.
c) After completion of wiping just select “Go back” and then “Reboot system now” from the main recovery menu.
Nicely done! You have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 running on XXLQ5 ICS 4.0.4 firmware base.
Tip:- Use our “4 Ways to Identify if your Android Phone is Rooted” guide on androidflip to check your phone is rooted or not.
Thanks to AndroidAdvices