Hey friends! earlier we covered a guide to update Samsung Galaxy S to XXJVS android 2.3.5. Related to that guide there is also a nice feature named rooting is needed in your phone.
The good news is XDA’s chainfire released a CF root Kernel for XXJVS firmware. this CF root also brings busybox and clockwork recovery mod which is very needed in order to install custom ROMs.
Today we covered a guide to root your Samsung Galaxy S running Android 2.3.5 XXJVS firmware. Don’t worry it is very easy even a 5 Year old kid can do this.
- Use this guide of rooting just only with the modal- Samsung Galaxy S(i9000) running with XXJVS firmware. Get your phone’s version by Settings>> About Phone.
- This method is a little bit risky so please follow with care, read every step twice.
Procedure to root Samsung Galaxy S on xxjvs firmware
- After downloading the above file extract it. You get a file named “CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVS-v4.1-CWM3RFS.tar” from it.
- Run downloaded odin file named “Odin3 v1.83.exe” by right click and select run as admin
- Now completely switch off the phone by checking the last vibration alert.
- Reboot the phone in downloaded mode by press and holding the Volume down+Home+Power keys together.
- Connect the phone to PC. Odin will show a “Added” msg. in the left bottom in it’s window after connecting.
- In Odin browse the above .tar file (discussed in step 2) in PDA tab.
- Uncheck the “Re-Partition” checkbox and check the “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset time” must.
- Click on “start” button to begin flashing.
- Phone will reboot after the installation is finished.
- You can disconnect the phone now.
- Check out the superuser app in Menu<<Applications.
- That’s all.
Enjoy! Now you have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S with XXJVS Android platform.