Rooting is now a common and necessary thing for Android users. You can install custom firmware as well install many of interesting app if your phone is rooted. So today we are telling you the way to root your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 that have the Gingerbread 2.3.5 XXJVT firmware.
Before proceeding you need to know more about rooting, by reading our introduction to rooting guide here.
Required Handset- Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000
With running firmware- Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread XXJVT
Note: You can check above thing by going in phone as- Settings>> About Phone>> Firmware version= XXJVT 2.3.5
Procedure to root galaxy s running android 2.3.5 XXJVT:
- Extract all the files from the downloaded package.
- First launch the Odin (self executable file) which you get from the downloaded package.
- Click on PDA tab and Browse the file named “CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVT-v4.3-CWM3RFS.tar” that we get from the downloaded package.
- Reboot your phone in “download mode” by- press and hold “volume down”+ “OK button” and then put the power on. Do it until succeed.
- Now connect the phone to PC.
- You will see the ID:COM block in Odin with yellow shade. It is the symbol that the phone is properly connected with PC and detectable by Odin.
- After this click on “Start” button to begin the process of rooting.
- Wait for few minutes.
- The phone will reboot automatically after finish of rooting.
- Check the additional apps named “CWM” and “Super User” in phone that are the symbol that phone is rooted correctly.
- If you face force close errors just after the rooting process than reboot the phone n recovery mode by- press and hold “volume up”+ “OK button” and than press the power button. In recovery mode choose “Wipe data/factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition”. After clearing the select the option “reboot system now”.
That’s all. Enjoy and install desired custom ROM and apps with your rooted Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000. Do you faced any problem while rooting galaxy s on android 2.3.5 XXJVT? let us know via comments