New rooting tutorial is now available for LG Revolution VS910, just without downgrading the default firmware base as V8 or V9. Yes you need V8 or V9 as running firmware in your LG revolution VS910. Rooting can make the device able to install custom ROMs and apps. There is also an aspect of accessing rooting in any android device that it void it’s warranty services. But developers are also makes same revoking processes for them, so user can get the warranty claim back.
Now come up to the tutorial by which we can easily root our LG revolution VS910, just below with some safety measure.
Most considering things about the Update
A) Moto of the Update- To root LG Revolution VS910
B) Just for the firmware base- V8 and V9
C) Required terms- A window PC, not a Mac or Linux
Be aware- Performing root on your device will void your device warranty, to get warranty back you have to just revoke the rooting process.
Recommend- Kindly perform this tutorial, if you are an advance user and you are well known to the concept of rooting.
Disclaimer:- We are are not responsible for any kind of error or damage to your device cause of using any kind of info of this tutorial. So do anything only at your own risk.
Root LG Revolution VS910 [Tutorial]
Step . Download some required files and tools below
- Rooting package for LG Revolution. [Download it here]
- LG support drivers compatible to your device. [Get them from LG]
Step . Prepare your phone and PC (pre-requisites)
Recommend link- Preparing your Android Phone Before Upgrading Firmware
- Ensure your LG Revolution have the modal no.VS910 and also be running on V8 or V9 firmware base. If it is not have this modal no. or firmware base as required then don’t be try to apply this rooting procedure.
You can check the phone’s modal no. and present running firmware version by- Follow Settings>> About Phone in your phone.
- Must enable the USB debugging mode in your LG Revolution by following- Settings>> Applications>> Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as antivirus in your PC and as well as in the phone, to avoid interruption during the process.
- Charge your LG Revolution at least 70%.
- Install latest LG support and USB drivers in your PC, compatible to your Revolution. We are already download them in Step .
Step . Follow below procedure to root LG Revolution VS910
- Extract the downloaded rooting package in a desired folder in your PC.
- Now launch a executable file from it which named as “run”, this will open a command prompt as below.
- Connect your LG revolution with your PC via USB cable.
- After perfectly detection by your PC just come to run prompt and hit ENTERto begin rooting process.
- Wait until the process get finished, it will take about 5-7 minutes approx.
- After finish your LG revolution will restart.
- Disconnect the phone from PC, when the home screen appears.
Tip:- Use “4 Ways to Identify if your Android Phone is Rooted” guide on androidflip to check your phone is rooted or not.
Note:- If your device get stuck between the process or failed to reboot , then just pull out the phone’s battery and reinsert it, and task the whole procedure again.
Congratulation! You have successfully rooted your LG revolution VS910.
For more query heads over to XDA Developers
Thanks to AndroidAdvices